Chapter 4: Emotions Run Wild

A wave of darkness came from the photo of Marinette and spread all over Adrien. His clothes transformed into a bodysuit of red and black. He wore black gloves and a worn-down cape with a hood over his head. On his right leg was a pocket holding the photo of Marinette. His eyes were filled with black and his pupils glowed a blood red. His face shifted to an evil look.

"Now, time to show Paris what true pain really feels like." Couverture said to himself, snickering. He levitated off the ground. He flew with lightning speed away from the channel, heading to Paris. Plagg was sitting inside a camera bag, away from Couverture. He peeked out of the bag, seeing what used to be Adrien, farther away, completely transformed into an evil villain. Noticing Adrien's transformation, he gasped.

"No...ohhhh no no no no no!" Plagg said to himself in a panic. He snuck away and flew as fast as he could. "I have to find Ladybug!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After running far away from the photoshoot set, Marinette sat by the edge of another cliff. She was in shock. She tried to clear her head and calm herself down, which was hard for her. The fact that Cat Noir and Adrien were the same people was, in her eyes, unexpected. To her, they were both like two different people. Tikki came out of Marinette's purse, noticing the sheer shock in her eyes.

"Marinette?" Tikki said as she fully emerged from the purse and placed her hand on her arm. Marinette didn't turn her head. She kept looking out at the channel.

"Tikki…" Marinette spoke. "I don't...I don't know how…" Marinette couldn't complete her sentences. Too many thoughts ran through her head. She couldn't find the words to speak clearly. Tikki looked to the ground and sighed.

"Why'd you run off? I thought everything was going great." Tikki asked her.

"Tikki, you saw who Cat Noir was when we fought Dark Owl. You saw who he was with your own eyes." Marinette told her.

"Yes, I did. Why do you mention it?" Tikki asked her. Marinette took a deep breath.

"You heard what Adrien called me. He called me…" She closed her eyes shut and took another breath. She turned her head to Tikki. "He called me M'Lady."

"Marinette, I….I wanted to tell you but-" Tikki said before Marinette interrupted her.

"Then why didn't you?!" Marinette yelled at her. Tikki let go of her arm. "We could have been together by now! We could have been...walking through the park holding hands and...getting ice cream at André's and...we would have had…" Her voice started to shake. "...our first ki-...ki-" Marinette stopped herself, remembering something that happened when she and Cat Noir fought Dark Cupid. "Oh...ohhhh we kissed already…we actually ki-" Marinette was speechless once again. She was doing nothing but making herself more upset. She sighed and turned her head back, facing the water. She placed her face in her palms, frustrated. Tikki frowned.

"Well, I wanted the two of you to find out on your own somehow. It just turns out Adrien found out first somehow." Tikki said to her.

"I think he found out while we fought Troublemaker." Marinette told her.

"How so?" Tikki asked her. Marinette removed her hands from her face.

"My mask disappeared halfway when she took off one of my earrings." Marinette facepalmed. "I think Cat Noir...or...Adrien...or whoever...saw my exposed face. It doesn't matter anymore though. The truth is out." Marinette said to her with an aggravated tone. Tikki felt extremely guilty.