Chapter 8: Only Love Can Conquer Hate

A wave of light traveled up from Ladybug's feet to her head, making her costume disappear and turning her back into Marinette. The lucky charm in her hand disappeared from her hand. Marinette looked down at her hand as it vanished. Tikki suddenly appeared in front of Marinette, confused and worn out. Plagg flew over to her and held her as she regained her strength.

"You okay?" Plagg asked Tikki.

"I'm okay. Thanks." Tikki responded. She turned to see Marinette standing there, looking confident. "M...Marinette? What are you...why are you-" Tikki said before being interrupted. Marinette lifted her head.

"Saving Adrien." Marinette said to her. Tikki scratched the top of her head.

"Wait, what? How can you when you're without your powers?" Plagg asked her.

"I was just thinking the same thing. Marinette, you're not making any sense!" Tikki

added.

"Look, I know you weren't there Tikki, but at one moment, Adrien was able to overcome

the akuma controlling him. He's still in there and I think I can give Adrien the strength to defeat Hawkmoth's dark power completely. I think I can bring Adrien back." Marinette explained.

"Wow! Not many people can fight off an akuma's dark power. This is rare." Tikki said.

"Exactly. I feel that I can use this to my advantage." Marinette replied.

"So was finding out where the akuma was completely pointless then?" Plagg asked her.

"I don't know...but I think I might be able to drive it out of Adrien in a way other than breaking the object it is hiding in." Marinette replied. Tikki sighed.

"Marinette?" Tikki flew closer to Marinette. "You do realize that if this doesn't work you're done for? Once he hits you with his power, there's no way back from it." Tikki explained to her. Marinette thought to herself for a second. She took a breath in and walked towards the door, and sighed. She tried to relax. She realized that what she was attempting to do could risk her own life. Fear coursed through her. She clenched her hands in a fist, attempting to gain the little bit of confidence that was left in her.

"...I know. I have to try though. I'm the one who created this mess so...I have to do everything in my power to make all of it right." Marinette shifted her gaze to the left of her.. "It's the right thing to do." She turned her body slightly to face Tikki and Plagg. "You two stay here. I...don't want anything to happen to either of you in case I..." Marinette bit her lip. "...you know." Tikki and Plagg frowned, realizing that if Marinette didn't come back from this, they would lose a dear friend and one of the greatest and bravest Ladybugs that they have ever seen.

Marinette turned back to face the door. She took another deep breath. She began to reach towards the doorknob. She hesitated for a moment. Regaining that bravery she so desperately needed, she grabbed the doorknob and turned it, opening the door and walking out into the carnage that has become of her city. She looked around, seeing destruction all around her. Cars were lit on fire and smoke filled the air, making her eyes burn. She looked up, seeing an orange tinted sky. Parisian citizens were running all around, like wild animals. She could hear nothing but the sounds of screams and cries. She didn't see Couverture around anywhere. She began to walk around, searching for any sights or sounds of him. Suddenly, she heard some crashing to the right of her. She turned her body towards the sound and started running towards it, passing the infected as she ran. As she ran around, flashbacks came to her mind of what has been said to her over the past few hours.

Whenever there's a problem, you're always able to fix it...

You're the only person that keeps Adrien going...