Chapter 9: Recovery

Marinette had to spend two nights in the hospital so the doctors could fully assess her. She didn't suffer any major injuries which she couldn't have been more thankful for. She was glad to hear that she didn't have to spend too long recovering in the hospital. She wanted to get back on her feet and see the world she risked her life to save. Marinette did feel bad that Adrien had to live with the memory of almost destroying the city and its people. All that Marinette wanted to do was be there for him in every instance. The guilt of running away from him was still killing her inside, even though Adrien seemed joyous to see her after the akuma left. She hoped that he would be able to forgive her.

Marinette's friends and family visited her often. Her parents stayed with her for most of the two days. They ate lunch and dinner with her and then went home to sleep. When they heard what happened, they couldn't believe it. Nonetheless, they were extremely proud of her and what she did, even though it scared them half to death. They were thankful that she alive and well. They couldn't bear the thought that they almost lost their daughter.

Alya and Nino came after school to visit her the two days. Alya brought her homework so she wouldn't fall behind. Marinette missed so much due to her absences from her secret duty saving Paris. She didn't want to miss anything. She also brought Marinette her sketchbook and pencils incase she wanted to draw some designs. They didn't hear about her fight with Couverture until after they found out Marinette was in the hospital. Marinette told her almost everything. She had to lie about some things to cover up her secret. When Alya and Nino walked into the hospital, seeing Marinette laying in bed, they rushed over to her side.

"Girl, I can't believe you pulled a stunt like that! You could have seriously gotten yourself killed, you know." Alya said to her.

"Hey, I had to do what was right to save everyone including Adrien. I couldn't just-" Marinette began to say until Alya leaned in and pulled her in for a gentle hug, keeping in mind that Marinette was injured slightly. Marinette gasped in surprise.

"You are amazing, girl. You better know that by now." Alya told her as she was almost to the point of tears. She was so happy that her best friend survived after being hit so many times. It was a miracle in her eyes. Marinette smiled and hugged her back.

"I do now." Marinette replied. Alya let go and picked up her backpack that was sitting next to her feet. She opened in and dug inside it, taking out a notepad, a pen, and her cell phone. Alya handed the phone to Nino as she kept her face towards Marinette, smirking.

"You know what to do." Alya told him.

"Yeah, I know." Nino replied as he rolled his eyes in amusement. He took the cell phone and brought the camera up, beginning to record a video.

"Now, Marinette..." She said as pulled up a chair nearby and sat in it. She clicked her pen and put the notepad in her lap. "Tell me your thoughts and feelings when you were hit with Couverture's power. How did it feel?" She asked her. Marinette laughed. She knew it was for the LadyBlog. After a bit of time passed, they got all the information they needed, hugged her, and left.

Adrien never left her side once, except for bathroom breaks and getting her food if she ever needed it. He stayed with her every single minute she was in the hospital. There were visiting hours but since Marinette is the one who saved the whole city, the hospital staff decided to make an exception. He was able to sleep on a sofa near a window in Marinette's room. He made sure to call his father and make sure he was alright with sleeping over. He was shocked to hear that he was okay with it. He was actually grateful to hear it. With everything that happened, he didn't want Marinette being alone, considering the fact that he felt mostly responsible for it all. He had so much guilt inside that he thought being with her was the best way of making the pain go away.