One Month Later

Taking a long sip of his black tea, Levi gently sets down his mug on the fabric covered coster atop his desk. It was getting late but he still had a lot of forms to fill out about the state of his squad and different tactics they could use. Finally, he filled out the final page and set it on the semi-large stack of all the other completed forms. And with a heavy sigh and a satisfying rub of the eyes, Levi leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms out to the sky.

He moaned, feeling his once tensed bones crackle little by little "Finally, it's too damn late".

Levi got up from his comfy, executive chair and collected the papers into his arms. He then exited his office, locking the door behind him and made his way down the hall to Hange's office.

"Hange," Levi announced at the door, making a few loud knocks with his knuckles against the wood grain "you still in there?"

No response. Levi wasn't surprised however, it was very late and most everyone else was sleeping. He simply left the papers in the cubby hanging off the door so Hange could look them over tomorrow.

It was time to call it for the night, so Levi made his way to his room, feeling the weight of the day on his shoulders.

---

Showered up, teeth all brushed, and getting dressed down: Levi was now ready to slumber.

Despite preferring to sleep in his favorite arm chair Levi still found himself drawn to his bed, even though he found the horizontal sleeping position to be not as comfortable as he so desired. He only started sleeping on the mattress after you had agreed to make your frequent visits, but that was all over now— it had been for a month. What drew Levi to the bed now he couldn't even comprehend. It was as if, even with the covers off, he could almost feel the warmth on the side that was once yours. Your indent exuded comfort, but Levi refused to acknowledge it, for he did not have feelings for you— or so he told himself. Although he would lay in the bed a good five to ten minutes or so at the beginning of each night, he always made his way back to his preferred chair for the rest of the dark hours, denying his longing for your warmth.

---

That next morning you found yourself in the dining hall for breakfast. You made sure to take an appropriate amount of food ever since that Levi incident over a month ago. But as you traced your gaze along each table in the hall, you began to panic. From what you could tell, there was no table free for you to sit alone at. Your heart began to pick up the pace, beating rapidly within your chest.

Just as your anxiety was about to hit its peak, a friendly sounding voice called out to you from a table nearby.

"Hey!"

You looked over and saw a pale hand wave in your direction. It was a young man with short, blond hair. He was a Scout that you had definitely seen around but you never really thought too much about, but that was pretty much what you thought of everybody.

He then started waving his hand some more, but this time he was motioning for you to come closer to the table he was sitting at.

Confused, you glanced around, wondering if there were other Scouts in on this, like it was a planned prank or something. You then peered over the heads blocking your vision, and saw three other Scouts sitting with the blond guy.