Family Dinner

Droplets of water drop from the tip of your hair. You begin drying your hair with the towel in front of the mirror in the bathroom. The bathroom is a shared one and has ten stalls with curtain. People do love their little privacy in here huh? You thought to yourself as you rub your face with the towel and peek to the mirror with the fabric covering your jaw. A pair of eyes staring back with solemn look, some strand of wet hair fall covering your face.

After the surgery (where Medic woke you up after you had fallen asleep with mess on you), you went to take a shower to clean yourself, as well as to relax yourself. The German doctor told you that bathing is not a problem after your surgery and likely won't get in the way with your wound, because the Medi Gun had completely 'fixed' yourself. As you examine your chest, you can see a rather visible straight line scar in the middle of it. You touch it and thought how unbelievable it is that you had just done a heart surgery, and walking around just fine.

"Eh..." you chuckle to yourself at the thought. The Medi Gun, respawn, and all of these, who wouldn't laugh at that? Well, not laughing when you watch something funny, but more like... uncertainty?

You put on your white tank top and then a red long-sleeved t-shirt which you roll up to your elbows, next is dark below-the-knee-length pants, before getting out of the shower room. Your boots make sound as you walk. You try to head back to your room, passing by the kitchen. You can hear the clashing sound between the turner and the pan, the smell of something being fried is lingered in the air. Quietly you peek into the kitchen and notice the none other Engineer cooking. You enter the room with towel hanging on your shoulder, "Sir Engineer?"

Engineer whips his head around and greets you with a smile, "Oh howdy, Assistant. I didn't hear ya coming. I see ya got some shower there; dinner will be ready soon," Engineer says as he flips something that look like chicken breast. You can smell pepper coming out of it. There is two plates contain with chicken breast as well on the counter, already fried.

"I want to help. What can I do?" you ask boldly. Thing that you learn from your experience in life is, it's better to state what you need or want clearly. Depends on the situation though. Also, you don't know what to do until dinner come, so might as well help around. Somehow.

The man, still focus on frying the chicken breast, reply back, "Well, I usually do all of it by my self, but... can ya help dish the salad?"

"I can do that," you smile. Stroking back your hair with the towel and put the fabric back around your shoulder, you approach the sink, where a bowl of variety of vegetable are drowned in water. Cherry tomatoes, red and green lettuces, red onions, red bell peppers, mache(s), and carrots. One of the vegetable is not to your liking, but well, who are you to be picky?

You proceed to cut the vegetables into pieces and put them all into a big bowl you got from the cabinet. You ask the Engineer about the salad dressing which he told you to look inside the refrigerator. After rummaging for quite some time through the stuffs in the cooling box, you find the only salad dressing in there. You notice it smells like parsley and garlic when you open the lid to check. Must be homemade, you thought to yourself as you put some onto the salad and stir them. The salad is done.

"Done!" you say to yourself joyfully. It's always a happy feeling to finish what you start—

"Ooooh they smell amazing, lads!"

You flinch at the sudden shout behind you and see Demoman is at the doorway with a bottle of whatever-it-is in his right hand. The Scottish man is grinning ear to ear as he walks to the nearest chair and slump down. He placed the bottle in front of him on the dinner table.

Engineer grins with satisfaction. He puts the potato wedges he had just fried onto a big bowl and bring it to the table, then the two plates of fried chickens, "Thanks, son."