chapter 1 -kneepads-

about you:

I'm Inspector (y|n) (y|l|n) and I'm shifted to Scotland Yard since no one there is capable of solving a crime and they asked my former police station for help.
I'm not only great at forensics, but I also have stunning observing and deducting skills, which help me to solve cases better than Donovan and Anderson ever could :) ...at least that's what other people tell me all the time, but I'm not so sure about it.
(I'm writing in the first-person perspective, which is quite uncommon for xreader stories... I know...)

Let' begin...

Walking to my new police station, with a cup of coffee in my gloved hands, I recognized that snowflakes started to fall on my (y|h|c) hair. The wind was cold and I pulled my collar up to prevent my neck from becoming hypothermic. I moved into a little flat in London just three days ago and it was my first day of work at the station. I didn't get much information from my D. I., who send me here. He said I would figure out soon enough, which, to be honest, was the reason why I was excited about my new job.
When I opened the front door of the police station, the first thing that caught my eye was the annoyed woman at the reception desk, looking right at me quite leery. As I was a polite but direct person, I had to hold a sarcastic comment back. I headed over to her and stood in front of the desk as she announced, "My name is Sargent Sally Donovan. You must be the shifting Inspector. What's your name again?" "Well, good morning to you too, Sargent Donovan. I'm Inspector (y|n) (y|l|n) and you don't get to be rude to me early in the morning, " I responded flicking my (y|h|l) (y|h|c) hair back.
Because her eyeshade wandered to a door on my right hand behind me, while I was talking to her, I concluded that this door must be important and must be giving her a save feeling, as if the person behind it was superior then me. I deduced that it was most likely the D. I.'s office, so I walked toward it.
"What do you think you' re doing?!, " Donovan asked, almost hysterically. "I'm about to talk to my new Detective Inspector, dear Sargent, " I answered calmly. I stood still for a second, then I turned my head to her. She had come from behind the reception desk and my glance scanned down her body, stopping at her knees. "You should get yourself some kneepads, " I smirked turning my back on her, leaving a shocked Donovan behind and finally headed for the office to knock at the door.

*I apologize for my horrifying grammar and spelling mistakes. I hope you enjoyed*
picture source: https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/attractions/the-best-places-to-go-sledging-in-london-a3779176.html