7

Alaric

"What are you guys trying to hide?"

It's morning. The night before was more confusing than ever. I remember reading this document. This document about Sunday. About him being Patient Zero, whatever that meant. I don't get it and it's confusing the shit out of me.

The Serrano twins don't say anything. Valentina surveys the floor. Ignacio stands over her with his eyes pressed up against the window pane surveying the area. He hasn't slept at all the night but he doesn't seem like he's going to take anytime to do that.

"What's he talking about?" Quest asks.

Mitch appears. Quest and Mitch are curious. They have every fucking right to be.

Luna is the one that answers his question, "The twins know something about Sunday. We found something that explains all this last night and they destroyed it. There's something going on out there. I hear them whispering to each other all the time."

"Shut the hell up," Valentina argues.

"No you shut up!" Luna barks back! She is surprising the hell out of everyone in that room before turning to Quest and Mitch and adding, "They know something. Like I said. Something they aren't sharing."

You would think we weren't talking about them. They both have this dumb look on their faces. I want to go up to them and shake the fuck out of them. The only problem is that Valentina is pregnant and her brother is holding onto a gun. It's just like Ignacio. It's just like him to hide behind his power thinking everyone should be terrified but not feeling like he owed anything to anyone. He felt like he was above us. Ever since I became the team captain he's treated me funny because Ignacio swore up and down the role was his. Not that he was supposed to earn it. No. That was ridiculous. He was the kind of person that wanted shit handed to him.

And I want to punch him right in his fucking face.

"Sunday was being tested by their mother," I explain to Quest.

"What's wrong with Sunday?" Mitch asks.

He looks worried. I feel bad for the kid. Sunday was close to him. Looking at Mitch I can tell that he's just as worried as the rest of us. I wish I had answers for him but I don't. There are two people who had fucking answers though. Valentina and Ignacio.

Quest looks up, "What test?"

I can tell it's getting underneath their skin that I'm telling Quest and Mitch everything that they missed last night. I can tell Mitch is shocked. Quest looks mad though. I don't expect nothing less. He's a fucking firecracker. His eyes look like fucking wildfire when he is standing in that living room. His upper lip is fucking trembling.

I shrug, "Who knows? It seems like Sunday has something to do with those things outside. And they know. They know what the connection is. They won't say anything. I swear. They had to be in league with Mr. Drake. I bet you."

I know I'm making assumptions.

"You motherfuckers better start talking?" Quest says.

"Or what?" Ignacio states looking dead at him.

"You feel real big and bad with that gun."

"WE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH MR. DRAKE," Valentina spits out.

She looks like she is having enough of the confrontation. I can see it in her eyes. She isn't like Ignacio. She likes to solve things. I can tell this confrontation is getting underneath her skin.

"Valentina, shut up," Ignacio states.

Valentina gets quiet.

Real quiet.