13

Alaric

"Toast?"

I'm sitting in my room when the door opens. I guess people in this fucking bunker don't knock. I'm annoyed when Valentina and Mitch walk in unannounced. To be honest I don't know what they are doing here.

"Did he send you?" I ask.

They had to know I was talking about Sunday. I've kept to myself so I wouldn't be surprised if Sunday sent someone to check on me. He probably thought I was acting so anti-social because of him. Truth is I had the death of my friends on my mind. I had the fact that Marius was dead on my mind. Everything that mattered to me was gone. Sunday needed to get over himself.

I just thought about him 70% of the time.

I sigh at the thought. It's still way too much thinking of Sunday.

"He's worried," Valentina addresses me first, "We all are."

That didn't answer the question on whether he directly sent Valentina and Mitch to check up on me or not.

"About what?"

"Von and the others think you've been compromised."

"Compromised by who?"

"The people you were with. They identified that the guy Marius you were with connected to the New World Order."

"That's fucking ridiculous."

"That's what we said but these guys are real strict. And you acting weird isn't helping."

"So what they going to kick me out or something?"

"Sunday told them that if you leave we all leave," Mitch interrupts, "I don't think they care too much about us but they don't want to risk Sunday running off."

I stop.

Just like Sunday to do something like that. He cared so much. Hearing that he stood up for me just made me fall for him all over again. Sunday had my back even when we weren't together.

"He's amazing," I state.

"He said that we all stick together. He'll never let anything happen to you as long as he's around. You should know how much he cares about you. I know. I've seen it firsthand. So how about you go out to see him and thank him in person. Since he's so amazing."

"I'm fine," I respond.

I wasn't fine. All I did now was worry. I might as well have been dead honestly. What was the point of living here?

"No you're not," Valentina states, "You look like shit. I don't even recognize you. Some type of dirty caveman. You're falling apart."

"You don't know me Valentina," I respond, "I think we both came to terms that whatever we shared in the past wasn't real by now."

"I know enough to know that what you had with Sunday was real," she responds.

I'm not expecting this from her. I'm kind of shocked to be honest with you. Sitting in my room brooding over the fact that Sunday moved on was just normal for me so I didn't think anyone else understood exactly what I was going through.

Mitch follows up almost immediately, "We're rooting for you."

"You two want to see me with Sunday?" I ask.

Valentina and Mitch look at each other. The long pause lets me know they aren't willing to come out and just say it but the fact that they were here right now going around it speaks volumes honestly.