↬ gone [e]

[ the edit is mine so please don't repost unless you credit me, thank you

don't repost unless you credit me,
thank you. ]

..

it was the dead of night, ethan had awoken from his deep slumber, feeling the familiar ache in his heart that has been preventing him from serenity for two years now.

ethan's limp figure dragged him slowly to his daughter's room like he has been doing every dark, cold night ever since their departure. walking in he inhaled the barely there scent of his baby. tears welled up in his hazel green eyes as a sob escaped from his lips. he dropped down next to her crib, seeing images of her looking up at him with her beautiful brown eyes that she claimed from her mother, he'd felt safe and as if every painful battle life threw at him has floated through thin air and magically melted away.

her laughter; music to his ears. the way she'd giggle at him after he'd come home from his agonizing job made him feel home. her thin chocolate brown locks would get on her face and the way she'd abruptly try to get it out of her face was precious to him, especially that her hair was identical to his.

ethan laughed, tears still staining his cheeks.

but that very merciless day robbed him from his daughter. his little bundle of joy was ripped viciously out of his life. he'd came home from another tormenting day of work, ready to be healed by ellie, his daughter. the thought of seeing her made his heart melt of joy, but when he opened the door, expecting the flashing tv to be on with her favorite show, and to find her on the floor playing with her colorful toys, his face dropped to find the tv blank, the floor empty, he'd called out to her, called out to his wife as well but the only thing he heard is his voice echoing through the empty house.

he later found an abandoned letter laying on his bed, with blank ink strained through the paper;

dear ethan,
if you came across this, stop looking for us.
ellie and i are gone.
we're leaving the country, but i
cannot specify where. don't worry
she's safe and sound.
i couldn't live like this anymore, yet thank
you for sharing four years of
your life with me, thank you loving me,
and once, i loved you too.

sincerely,
your wife.

;

this was heart wrenching
to write, his wife's a pussy <3

🌻; stay safe and hydrated, loves.