Chapter 12

The emergency room staff bought the raccoon story without question.

Molly, however, did not.

"But it's so deep!" she objected. "And how did it scratch you anyway? When did this happen?"

"I told you," Sierra lied, "When I was out in the woods."

"Where you say you found nothing."

"That's right."

"Then why did you get out of the truck to be mauled by raccoons if there was nothing out there?"

"I thought I saw something so I got out to take a look, but I was wrong. There was nothing. And then this raccoon just charged."

"You're lying to me, and you're bad at it. If there was nothing out there then why didn't you get home until 10:00 am?

"Because...because..."

An idea seized her.

"Because I met Joe out there."

"What?"

"There's no big secret thing. He just goes out there for the quiet. I ran into him and...spent the night with him."

Molly eyed her suspiciously.

"I still don't believe you," she decided.

"He was a birthmark on his inner thigh shaped like an apple."

Molly looked her in the eye, running her human lie detector on her. Fortunately for Sierra, she didn't have to lie about that part. She'd seen it. It was just that circumstances that were a little different. Molly grinned.

"You slut!" she declared with glee. "You have to tell me all about it."

"I really don't," Sierra insisted as she headed for her bedroom.

What she had to do right now was sleep.

Joe came by the apartment unannounced the next day. Thankfully it was Sierra that answered the door.

"Hi," she greeted him, and stood on tiptoe to kiss his check.

Quickly, she whispered into his ear, "Molly thinks we had sex in the woods."

He grinned at her before sliding on his poker face.

"Hi Joe!" Molly called out to him. "Just wondering for no particular reason, do you have any birth marks?"

After Joe had satisfactorily answered Molly's questions, they escaped into her bedroom. Sierra shut the door behind them.

"Well that was horrific," she said.

"That's quite the cover story, Sierra," Joe said, smiling seductively.

He moved closer to her, pushing her up against the door.

"You sure you can keep her convinced?"

He kissed her neck and wrapped his hands around her waist, sending shivers down her spine.

"Maybe it would be easier to lie about it if we actually made love."

His hands slid up her shirt. He toyed with one nipple between his thumb and forefinger.

"It could be easier," she agreed breathlessly.

"Besides," he said as he fingered the top button of her jeans, "It's completely unfair that you've seen me naked and I haven't seen you."

He unzipped her pants and tiptoed his fingers towards her clit.

Summoning an enormous amount of will power, Sierra reached her hand down and stopped him.

"How about you take me to dinner first? One where you don't have to leave half way through."

"How about dinner after?" he replied hungrily, pressing the bulge of his erection against her.

She pushed him away and sat down on the bed.

"Nope," she said. "Dinner first. And a movie. And then maybe I'll let you see me naked."

"You know most women don't say no to me."

"I am not most women," she replied.

Joe sighed.

"No.You are not. I suspect that's why I like you."