Chapter 14:

The sky is merky, it's colours merging together creating an ugly shade of grey.

The clouds are overcast and heavy, their forms reflecting onto the window pane. 

I turn around to look at where Peeta sleeps, just to reassure myself that he is still there. No matter how many years may pass, I will always wake to feel a panic that he is gone. Lost like dust in the wind, a memory blurred out of my dreams. 

I slowly make my way downstairs, still drousy from the sleepless night and pull on my leather boots. I take the watering can from the door and head outside to water the primroses. Even though it will never bring her back, tending the flowers seems to make me feel like I am still taking care of her, protecting her. As the last drops of water fall onto the delicate flowers I hear a loud squawk and look up to see Haymitch throwing corn to the floor, the geese running to his feet. 

"Mind keeping the noise down Haymitch?"

I begin walking over to him.

"I seem to recall that you got me these, so your to blame sweetheart."

I cross my arms, "You should thank me." I say raising my eyebrows. 

"Well as a thank you, I think I will call this one after you." He points to the large goose at his feet. 

"This one is the loudest, and seems to never listen to what I say, I think it's a perfect match." A smile brims across his face as I try to hold back my fist from punching him in the arm. 

"Thanks Haymitch" 

It's so good to see him happy, despite the insults, I'm glad he's back.