Chapter Five

For centuries the ice goddess, Zonenta, watch from afar and waiting for some kind of leverage. She found such leverage when she learned of the two illegitimate children of the fire god.
   She sought them out, traveling to Rona's land but staying on the edge. She didn't want the underground ruler to find her and her luck held on when the twins finally noticed her presence.
   Unlike Kodon who strode over without a care, Vihesis was wary of the new face. He spoke little as his brother spoke plenty. Kodon questioned Zonenta, wondering who she was. The ice goddess answered somewhat truthfully, telling the tale about how her father wronged her like he wronged them.
   She explained in her own words how it was Ukstus' fault that they were trapped in the underworld, and that if it wasn't for Mudall then they would be frolicking in grass and spending time in the sun. She told them that they were destined for greatness beyond the power of the gods but Ukstus wanted to remain in power.
   The two were quick to agree that it was unfair that they were forced to stay here. Zonenta smirked behind her plastered smile. She had all of the pieces in place now for her extravagant return to the godly domain. She proposed that if they could destroy the gods that wronged them then nothing would stand in there way between them and destiny. They would be able to travel freely.
   It wasn't a lie. Yes, they would be able to travel freely. And yes, there would be nothing in their way from completing their destiny. Their destiny to cover all of Odura in blood and ash.
   One thing that Zonenta forgot to mention as they left the underworld was that without the other gods, life on Odura would ciece to exist.

Vote and comment! ~DragonflyLG