Chapter Seven

The darkness around the stars soon faded and life on Odura quickly went back to somewhat normal. Nylene was still riddled with sickness and Ukstus refused to tend to his duties as chief god to take care of her.
   Zintaar had two children of his own. He named them Akenta and Xarheia. Akenta was the first to take in the joy of Odura. She enjoyed every living creature and every story she was told. One morning she was watching a bird chirp umong the trees and decided to use her own voice to speak along with it. The first notes were melodious and the first song was created.
   With song, stories could be told in new ways that would make your heart flutter. Along with the beginning of the idea of hobbies.
   Xarheia wasn't much different from her sister. She too enjoyed peace but in a different way. She turned to plant life as she worked on a project that would prove itself to be useful many times over. She created a plant called the underground orchid, a plant so powerful it could potentially heal anything. The only problem was that the universe called for balance, so to keep that she made it almost inaccessible. She had the plant grow far underground in the largest mountains of Odura. Safely tucked away it could grow without the risk of the whole species dying off.
   She presented the plant to Nylene, who's star wasn't far from going cold. The older goddess ate it and by instant she grew bright once more. Ukstus was greatly appreciated of his Wife's save return to his side.
   Ukstus was so appreciative that he went to sit down and gaze out on the land of Odura. Something was missing to him. Sometimes that was smarter, stronger than the rest of the animals. Something that was less powerful than a god though.
   After countless hours of though he began to work. He gathered clumps of mud and grass and created a being of intelligence. A species that he named...

Dragons.

Vote and comment! ~DragonflyLG