Chapter 44

Chapter Forty-Four

Yan Shi Ning entered Princess Kang Hua's chamber.

The chamber was quiet and dusty. Princess Kang Hua glanced at Yan Shi Ning and Princess Kang Hua laughed coldly. She couldn't believe Princess Kang Hua wanted to enter a grave arrogantly.

'Why did you come here?' Princess Kang Hua asked coldly.

'I came to see how you'll die,' Yan Shi Ning said.

Princess Kang Hua pursed her lips.

Yan Shi Ning noticed the white fabrics on the table. 'The past few days I thought about how you're feeling. Do you feel like you've lost everything?'

Princess Kang Hua heard Yan Shi Ning's condescending tone. She turned to look at Yan Shi Ning who no longer acted gentle instead looked down on her. The way Yan Shi Ning smiled coldly was the same way Yan Shi Ning smiled at her on Yan Shi Ting's wedding day.

Princess Kang Hua stood straight. 'It was you!'

'What do you think?' Yan Shi Ning asked.

'Why?' Princess Kang Hua asked.

'Why?' Yan Shi Ning asked. 'Shouldn't I be the one asking you why?'

Princess Kang Hua took a step back.

'Why did you poison my mother to death?' Yan Shi Ning asked. 'My mother never fought with you. Why did you kill my mother?'

Yan Shi Ning couldn't control the pain in her heart. She couldn't kill Princess Kang Hua and couldn't stop her tears from falling.

'She deserved to die!' Princess Kang Hua said. 'Who is she to dare to compete with me? She's only scum.'

'You're scum!' Yan Shi Ning said. 'You stole someone else's husband. You committed adultery, you're deceitful and shameless!'

'She deserves to die!' Princess Kang Hua said. 'She's scum. Who is she to deserve him? I'm a princess, why do I need to lower myself under a scum and be a second wife? It's an insult to me! Scum like her deserves to die! I should have killed her earlier! Each day she lives is another day of insults to me! You should die too! You and your mother are scums and deserve to die!'

Yan Shi Ning slapped Princess Kang Hua's cheek.

'You're the one who deserves to die!' Yan Shi Ning said. 'You're a woman who has a cruel snake heart!'

Princess Kang Hua was startled by Yan Shi Ning's slap.

'This is your retribution,' Yan Shi Ning said. 'Your big sister betrayed you and your only daughter is insane. The husband you stole is the man who gave you these white fabrics. You've lost everything and left with two empty hands. Kang Hua, do you know how I wanted you to die after I found out you killed my mother? Didn't you want your daughter to be the crown prince's wife? I stopped your daughter from marrying the crown prince. Didn't you want to steal my mother's husband? I made certain he turned his back on you. Didn't you always want to maintain your arrogance? I kicked you onto dirt. I won't let you die peacefully. I want you to lose everything you cared about. I want you to die suffering. I want you and everyone you care about to pay for killing my mother.'

'You're dreaming-' Princess Kang Hua said.

'Second mistress fell into the well!' an old maid cried out from outside the chamber. 'Madam, second mistress died!'

Princess Kang Hua pushed Yan Shi Ning away and ran outside.

'What did you say?' Princess Kang Hua asked.

'Madam, second mistress died,' the old maid said.

'Where is she?' Princess Kang Hua asked in a shaky voice.