Chapter 5

Chapter 5

     This summer was going by really fast, which meant the show was too. I didn't want the show to end because then I would see my friends a lot less. I walked into the rehearsal hall to find Michelle and Kendra bickering with Leo and Kirk.

      "What's going on?" I asked while laughing because I knew it was over something stupid.

      "Who smells better, Leo or Kirk?" Kendra shouted. I smelled both their shirts.

     "I'm pretty sure they're both wearing the same cologne from what I smell." I responded. DAMN did they smell good! I normally hate the smell of colognes, but they must have picked good stuff. Leo reached in his pocket and took out the bottle of cologne, while Kirk reached in his bag and grabbed the same one. Michelle facepalmed and walked away towards the assistant director, probably to buy a shirt or something.

     I enjoy embarrassing myself or making others think I'm crazy, so I said to Kirk, "Did I get to tell you that your voice gives me an eargasm?"

     "No, but thanks!" He smiled and stared at me. Kendra mentioned that she told him about eargasms, so he wasn't as confused as I thought he would be. Leo and Kirk had to go practice their duet scene, so Kendra went outside to take some creeper pictures of Kirk, and I followed.

     "Kendra, you're such a creep!" Hannah scolded.

     "Shut up! He's cute!" Kendra replied. I didn't want in their argument, so I walked away and discussed some musicals with Jesse. Kirk came back out to get the Hot Box dancers to do their number, and then joined mine and Jesse's conversation.

     "I've always wanted to be in Les Mis!" I said as Jesse agreed.

     "I was just in that last month!" Kirk replied, joining the conversation. Jesse and I were quite jealous. We discussed other shows we were in before going inside to run "Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat" for the millionth time. It was a fun conversation. Kirk never seemed this sociable before, and when he was he was usually talking to Kendra or Leo.

     "Sit down, you're rocking, sit down, sit down, sit down, you're rocking the booooooooooooooat!"

     Finally we were done singing it. Three times in a row was enough! Although I noticed each time Kirk was giving me more eye contact. He's not even supposed to look at me, he's supposed to look out at the audience or at the gamblers in the front row, not the back where I am! What's going on?