Chapter 16

Chapter 16

     Everybody finished their bows, so we went to hold hands and bow together. Of course, I end up front row beside Nicely Nicely Johnson. I figured he would have the manners to just treat this normally, he could fangirl (well fanboy in this case...) in his head and not take it any farther. I was apparently wrong.

     "I'm gonna fangirl! THAT WAS SO CUTE! Especially since you wern't expecting it!" Michelle squealed while slapping me. She gets abusive when she's excited. I was trying to get dressed as fast as possible because my parents were in the audience tonight, and I had a lot of explaining to do.

     "After we did the bow together he picked her up and kissed her! It was so cute!" I heard one of the other girls telling somebody who probably didn't see what happened. This is just awesome, getting gossipped about. And it's only opening night.

     "Hey, wanna go to Eat n Park tonight? Katie, Michelle, Hannah, Kendra, Jesse, Brad, and I are!" Star asked. Anything to hold off explaining to my parents.

     "Katie can you take me to and from Eat n Park?" I asked. She nodded.

     "Hey, I'm going to Eat n Park, Katie will bring me home." I texted my dad. I got the usual ok and went.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     We were waiting for our food to come, which it would be a while because the restaurant was pretty crowded for ten at night.

     "Did you guys stage what happened tonight?" Kendra asked.

     "Hell no! I wasn't expecting it at all! I thought he would have the stage etiquette to hold off his hormones, but I guess not! Wasn't his freaking "good luck" kiss enough? He's freaking horny!" I ranted. Everybody at our table got quiet and laughed at my rant. Jesse had Pepsi shoot out of his nose, so we laughed even more. I was surprised he sat beside me. Maybe he got over what went on for the past few weeks, even though it has obviously gotten worse tonight.

     Jesse always seemed to think deeper than everybody else. "Lily, do you really feel anything when he kisses you? Is there anything there? I don't get it." He asked in a serious tone. Dammit. I'm trying to enjoy my burger, and I get this? I didn't even know how to answer his question because I don't think deeply, but everybody was staring and waiting for an answer.

     "Ummm...it was my first kiss..."

     "You're kidding me right?" Jesse interrupted. You could tell he didn't want that to come out, or that he wanted to say something else.

     "No. I've never had a boyfriend either. There's too many douchebags around." Jesse looked in awe after I said that, I'm just pickier than most girls, though. "Anyway, I guess since it's my first kiss, I'd feel something right? And I could obviously pick out that it was more than a "good luck" kiss, but I don't know. I guess there's something there." I tried to explain, but to me it was total jibberish and I think that's how everybody else heard it, too.

     "You're definitely feeling the love in it, Lily." Jesse said, sounding slightly dissappointed. Everybody else nodded in agreement, except Brad and Hannah were at the other end of the table talking. Hannah obviously wanted him, but I have enough of my own drama right now to worry about.

     We finished eating and Katie took me home. I had to think of what to tell my parents. Kendra pointed out how it looked stage, so I'm going with that.