Arrived

We arrived outside our new house.

white walls covered the building, the top of the house was sheltered by a mud coloured roof. We stood a few metres back taking in the view of our amazing new place. The windows were beautifully placed and one of them had a balcony in front. i was definitely taking whichever bedroom that was. i knew there would be some joy in looking out of them and seeing our new neighbourhood. There was a patch of green grass outside our front door, newly planted. our door was the same colour as the roof. It had the number "16" printed on a gold plate.

Taking my eyes off the house i looked around me and saw identical houses all in a row going down a long street. There was a big bill board overlooking the houses and it read "Welcome to Rockwood County" I was excited to explore my new area the next morning.

After being hypnotised by the sight of our new home we finally entered. The first step was a big deal for me, as soon as i looked inside i had fell in love, i ran inside not waiting to see if poppy was behind me, i resembled what they call a excited puppy. The house was beautifully appointed.

The kitchen was open which meant there was no door it was just walkable from the living room, it had black and white tiles fitted on the ground they shined simultaneously, the kitchen had a long white table in the middle of it horizontally placed.

The kitchen had cabinets filling it, and there was a massive refrigerator and freezer right next to the sink.

My attention then got moved to the living room which had been painted a beautiful cream colour, there was a couch which looked soft and comfortable in a dark brown colour with a few cushions in a mixture of creams and browns. There were a few paintings in the average sized living room, they gave the room style and a homey find of feel. There was also a small Cathode Ray Tube television placed in front of the couch. The tv was sat next to a wooden electric fireplace. I had never stepped foot inside somewhere so spacious and modern.

"I have decided your job is the best thing ever!"

"Great. Im glad you thank my job and not me." She chuckled to herself.

We had to move to America because poppy had received a promotion at her office which at first i didn't like the sound of because i didn't know if i was ready to leave everything behind and start again. These past couple of months have been stressful trying to find a new house, a school and getting everything sorted and remembering not to leave anything behind. Which reminded me about my pills.

"Poppy, my pills."

"Serena just stop for a second and look where you are, the pills are only to calm you down and you seem calm to me." She took a second to take a loud breathy sigh then continued "i don't think you need them anymore, its been a year sweetie."

She doesn't understand, they don't just calm me down they make the dark creatures disappear, i don't ever want to see them. They made me think i was losing my mind and i nearly did, sometimes i would think i could hear them whispering my name. Theres something wrong with me and those pills are the only solution.

"I need them poppy and I'm going to go get new ones from the local pharmacy tomorrow, for now I'm going outside i need some fresh air."

I stormed outside, i wish she knew the feeling of seeing things that your not meant to. I still remember how they looked, they were tall maybe 6ft or taller, they had no face from what i could tell, they were silhouettes. I call them the silhouette men, they look alike and anyone else would think they were the same person but its this feeling i would get when i saw them as if each had a different aura around them. Most of them had strong, dark auras which sent shocks of icy cold shivers running through my body. Kind of like the feeling i got in the lavatory back at the airport. I guess thats why i started to panic, i haven't had that feeling for a long time and i got overwhelmed by it, the feeling i got in the airport was just as worse. I just really need those pills.

"Hey"

a unfamiliar voice brought me back to reality.

"Um..hi" i said a little awkwardly.

"Im guessing your the new neighbours?"

"Yeah, we are." I looked at her, she seemed like a confident person. Her big hazel eyes were scanning me as if she could tell what kind of a person i was just by looking at me.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Macy Lockhart."

"Its nice to meet you too, im Serena Mayfield."

I watched as she smiled at hearing my name, she was really beautiful with her curls surrounding her face, her hair puffed around her head like a lions mane. She had high cheekbones even higher than mine but hers actually looked nice on her. She had clear, tanned skin and i suddenly wanted to look like her. She was the definition of perfect.

After having a conversation about what its been for her growing up here in Rockwood county she told me that the place was full of mysteries, secrets and old legendary myths, this made me laugh as i thought she was joking but when i looked at her she was looking at me with intense eyes. I looked away, the last thing i needed was a crazy friend.

"Im not crazy you know"

"W-what?" How did she know what i was thinking?

"The way your looking at me, i can tell. Im not stupid you know!"

I sighed with relief, i must be so paranoid to not realise she could read my obvious expressions.

"Sorry, i just didn't understand what you meant by the whole mysteries and legendary myth thing"

She gave me a half smile and turned away staring at nowhere specific while still directing her speech to me "you'll soon find out what i mean."

I ignored her comment as I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt since I can't really be picky being new and all, any friends will do for now.

"Hey um do you want to see my new house?"

She looked at me silently before answering as if she was finding the right words to say.
"I um don't think that's a good idea"

"What do you mean? It's no bother at all honestly, Poppy wouldn't mind in fact she would be over the moon that I've already had the chance to meet a friend so soon and maybe you could help me think of ideas on how to decorate my room to make it more interesting to look at. Poppy's my godmother by the way sorry I'm so excited as you can tell, I should stop talking now, Haha" I stopped talking after realising how dumb I sounded and I made it so obvious how keen I was on making friends, great.

"Um okay then I'll try"

As we headed towards my new place I couldn't help but wonder what she meant by "try", it wasn't like it was a difficult task to do, to walk into someone's house. Maybe this girl is more strange than I thought.
When we finally arrived to my place I opened the door with my key and stepped in and then stopped, waiting for her to walk in too so I could close the door. As I looked at her, waiting I realised she was hesitating and then she took a step after what felt like ages but couldn't make her foot over the line into the house.

"I'm so sorry I've got to go" she said hurriedly as she turned around and ran in the direction of her own identical house, not looking back once as if she was escaping from a hidden secret.