The Arrogant One

Adrian had walked me home when it became dark, he wanted to make sure i got home without any problems.

I didn't argue with that proposal, when a clan of rivals are probably planning to kill you and they live in your neighbourhood you wouldn't want to be walking the streets all on your own.

I thought the scary part would be having to get to my bed at home but i was wrong.

When i had got all comfortable and snuggled up i couldn't get to sleep.

Maybe it was because i was paranoid to the level where every little noise i heard made me jump giving me a mini heart attack.

I felt as if i had just watched a horror movie and i was going through the after effect.

Calm down its alright Serena, your being stupid just breathe and go to sleep I kept repeating this to myself in my thoughts and at times i found myself whispering it aloud.

In the beginning i was scared of the usual house noises but then i heard whispers "serenaaa, you know you need us now..don't be afraid"

His voice lingered, it felt as if he was hissing it right into my ears. His voice was not comforting, he sounded like he wouldn't care if some one sliced me open but he needed me for something, the desperation in his voice gave way. He tried to make it seem as if i was the one who needed him but we both knew that i held the one thing all vampires came looking for, power and strength.

I opened one eye while the other eye was squeezed shut to check if there was anyone in the room and i swear for a split second i saw a silhouette lurking at the foot of my bed staring at where i was lying, feeling hopeless and just so scared my heart was beating at a unnaturally fast speed and i thought i was going to die if not by the silhouette then by my own fragile heart.

When i blinked the silhouette disappeared, taking its dark aura with it.

I covered my face with my shaky hands and cried myself to sleep.

I woke up the next morning with a face that felt really sticky and wet probably from all the non-stop crying and snot. I could hardly open my eyes, i felt tired and weak.

"I-i have to get up"

When i found the strength to get out of my bed i walked straight for the bathroom.

I took a long cold shower to wake myself up, the water at first felt like strong bolts of energy going through me, puncturing every area of my body it hit but after controlling myself to stay where i was and not move a inch under the freezing cold temperature my skin felt neutral to the water maybe a little numb but it didn't feel like something i couldn't handle.

I felt more awake than ever standing in that shower, when i walked out from under the water to the other end of the shower i looked through the glass and saw the time.

I had been in the shower for an hour, it only felt like fifteen minutes.

I turned the water off and squeezed all the excess water out of my honey brown hair, I pulled the glass to the side to get out, i grabbed a white fluffy towel and i started to dry myself.

As i was drying myself i noticed my birthmark,

It was the only thing that made me different from everyone else without it i would just be a normal teenage girl with normal teenage problems i wonder what that would've been like.

I got dressed in my tight blue jeans and just a loose white top with my white flats as shoes and i put on my favourite necklace which was one my mother had given me earlier the day she died.