No time to relax

The next day i woke up at around 5:30 am. I was used to the time in London and i was lagged from the sudden change of destination and time.

I sat upright in my new bed.

My bedroom was painted light blue and white. Two of the walls that were facing each other from opposite ends of where the door was and where the window was were blue. The other two remaining walls were white.

My bedroom was quite empty apart from the wide wooden wardrobe painted blue placed in front of the white wall and the desk next to the wardrobe which was also blue but painted white on the knobs.

I couldn't wait till i started decorating my room.

I got up and put on my purple slippers which this time were easy to spot due to the tidiness of the bedroom. I walked up to the curtains and opened them, i did not expect so much light to hit me at once so i closed my eyes tightly and moved into a more shadier part of the room. When i opened my eyes they started to adjust to the extremely bright light. I walked back to the window sheltering the top of my eyes with my hand. I opened the windows with the golden handles pulling inwards.

I had the balcony.

I walked out onto it, removing my hand from above my eyes, it was so refreshing looking at somewhere so calm and quiet. In London all i could hear were cars and the occasional drunk person walking around calling out stupid cries about how he didn't mean to cheat on his wife.

While enjoying the view of the two storey houses and the trees swaying slightly in the light breeze, my eyes caught the sight of something far down our street, a more isolated area. It was a forest, with tall trees blocking the rest of the forest. This could be exciting!

I quickly got changed into my blue skinny jeans and my baggy pink shirt. I found the box labeled "shoes" and dug out my pink and white converses. I ran for the door.

The walk to the forest was quite long, i hadn't realised how far it was from my balcony but i didn't care, i walked past identical houses till they just stopped and there were no more houses. I kept walking down through muddy grass, the pavement had stopped where the houses ended so i had no choice but to walk through the mud with my favourite pair of converses.

I stopped when i had reached the outside of the forest. The trees towered over me, they reminded me of guards, guarding whatever was inside the forest. I did feel a little nervous but who wouldn't? What if there were wild animals or something. I was being ridiculous it was just a forest I'm sure it was very safe. Well thats what i thought until i noticed a wooden sign with big bold writing in red which read "DANGER" a little further down.

That made me want to turn around and run back to my house where i felt safe but i didn't. I stood my ground. I can do this, i need to stop being such a baby when it comes to exploring. I started walking into the forest, at first slowly but then sped up when i realised how beautiful this forest was. The grass was a bright green and there were dandelions and Daisy's among them. I walked deeper and deeper into the forest and my eyes couldn't believe it, there was a long,clear blue lake. The sun was shining on to it making the lake sparkle elegantly, all i wanted to do was jump inside but i knew it wasn't a good idea as it was moving heavily with the current, down a long path. I decided to take off my brown muddy converses and pull up my jeans as high as i could and dip my feet inside the cool water. It Felt amazing, my stress and thoughts disappeared as i lay down with my feet in the water and closed my eyes feeling the heat of the sun on my skin.

"Serena"

I jumped, i opened my eyes and sat up too quickly making myself dizzy. When my head stopped spinning, i looked around. I Stood up taking my feet out of the water. There was no one here, my heart was once again racing and i could feel something or someone close. This time the aura i felt wasn't making me shiver or get goosebumps, which was strange. The way it had called my name made me think it was a close friend or some sort but it couldn't be.