Chapter One

I woke up with loud knocking on my bedroom door. I put my cold pillow over my head hoping the knocking would just disappear. 2 minutes passed & the knocking is still there.

"KATIE WAKE UP I HAVE NEWS" Amber, my best friend, yells.

"AMBER SHUT UP I'M TRYING TO FREAKING SLEEP" I groan.

"OKAY, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU DON'T WANT TO MEET YOUR IDOLS NEXT WEEKEND!"

I immediately jump out of my bed & open the door.

"What did you just say?"

"I said, we're going to meet our idols next weekend!"

She's lying, she's so lying. But Amber wouldn't lie to me about 5 Seconds of Summer! She would never do that.

"You've got to be freaking kidding me!"

"No! I'm not! Look!"

She showed me those wonderful tickets to meet my idols backstage & go watch them live. I've been daydreaming about this for over 2 years. I sit there with a surprised look on my face thinking of how it would be like seeing them in person. Especially... Ashton.

I've been in love with Ashton since I first found out about the band. I got hypnotized by his arms & drumming. The way he moves each muscle perfectly to make the perfect beat. His hazel-green eyes & pretty long fingers. His different laughs are contagious & cute. He had me drooling by just one look. The other guys are just fine but Ashton is the sun to the band.

I was in my own thoughts until I hear Amber squeal.

"So what do you think Katie? Are you ready?"

"I'm mixed with emotions Amber! How did you get the tickets?" I suddenly remember that I never gave her money to actually buy these special tickets.

"I had enough money for 2 concert & backstage tickets, we have front row!"

I hugged her & cried. She's literally the bestest friend I've ever had, more like the only one I've even had since we were 4. We would always do stuff together. From doing school projects to skipping grades. I'm 17, so is Amber & we graduated this year because we skipped 4th grade. We were really smart. She's like a sister to me. We practically shared parents & homes. She knew all my family & boy problems. She's the only one I come to for advice. She's shy & I'm outgoing. We're opposites but yet again the same. It's really unexplainable having a bond so strong.

When I showed her the band she said she instantly became a Michael's girl. She said his hair is perfect & his smile is adorable. She fell in love with his voice & the way he played the guitar. I think they're meant to be because she plays guitar & sings too! They would look adorable together honestly.

"Oh Katie you're always emotional." She chuckles.

"I know Amber, I know." I laugh.

"You want to go get some Starbucks?" She asks.

"Okay let me get tidied up."

She walks out of my room & said she's going to go watch some TV while she waits. I stepped into the warm shower & washed my hair. I then washed my body & shaved. I got out the shower & let's my straight boring brunette hair dry while I comb through the tangles. I brush my teeth than pick some black ripped skinny jeans with a black nirvana T-Shirt. I slipped on my black vans & added some eyeliner & mascara to my eyes to enlighten up my face a bit.

I walk out of my room & ran down the stairs.

"MOM IM GOING TO STARBUCKS WITH AMBER BE BACK IN 25!" I yell so my mom knows.