Uno

Roselyn's Bike^^^

Roselyn POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Im sorry mama." If she were awake, she would be so disappointed in me. Hell, im disappointed in myself, for what I've become, what I've done, for letting it get this way. "I have to go mama. I love you. Forever and always." And with that I walk. I walk away from everything i have ever known and the only person who has ever loved me.

I scan the parking lot and spot Daniel's men waiting for me by the car, but instead of heading towards them like im supposed to, i walk back around to the parking garage towards Tony, my Harley (the bike). My poor baby has scratches all over it from the accident i staged two weeks ago so i could hide Tony until now. Pulling my hair into a bun and tucking it under my helmet, i put on my leather jacket and start the ignition. I pull down the black visor and speed out the back of the lot and down the road. Driving away from Daniel and his men, and one too many graves.

*********************

After a few hours, I exit the highway in desperate need of fuel for both me and Tony. I stop at a gas station and fill the tank and grab some hot water. I take out my phone and dunk it it the hot water, along with my ring and earrings. Anything Daniel gave me that he could track goes in the water and i chuck it onto the floor and drive over as i drive towards a cafe across the street.

"What can I get ya, sugar?" The waitress asks me with her thick southern accent.

"A large lemonade iced tea and a a buffalo chicken wrap, please."

"Coming right up."

I sit at my table by the window and stare out at the setting sun and suddenly a group of bikers on some badass Harleys speed by and one of them shoots and the wooden door a few feet away from me. I slide out of my seat and under my table. The waitress rushes over to me and pulls me out from under the table while laughing softly.

"Oh honey, they don't mean no harm. That's just Ben and the boys. They put a slug in that ol' door every time they roll in on them death traps cause i wont replace it."

But why the fuck? "But why do they shoot at it? And why do they care if you replace it or not?"

"Ben thinks the day one of them bullets actually goes through the damn door, i'll have to get a new 'safer' one." She says with air quotes, "And i'm Luca's Valkyrie, so even if they didn't love me and my cookin', they aint got no choice but to protect me. so they keep pulling their shenanigans until i get that security hoo-ha like they want me to." What the fuck is this woman talking about.

"Ma'am. I don't know if you've realized this by the look on my face, but i have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're talking about."

But instead she rolls her eyes at me and says "Language missy. And i'll explain it to you while you eat. lemme just get your food for ya." And then she disappears behind the doors. Soon she comes back with my tea and wrap that i forgot i needed until now.

She explains to me all about "Ben and his boys" or more accurately, the Phantom Riders. They're an MC (Motorcycle Club) hailed from Italy and Ben is the head of it all. Luca is the manager of the Colorado chapter and Callie is his Valkyrie. Apparently the title of Valkyrie is sacred and given to the one and only love of a Riders's life. She is to be respected and and protected and feared just like the brothers of the Phantom. She is his woman, savior, lover, mother of his children, and a part of the Phantom brotherhood.

"Anyways, it looks like the boys are in town, so they'll probably call a meeting at the club. You wanna come along?" She asks as she gets up from her seat across from me and grabs our plates. She does not look it but she's older than me by six years and has a kid that's five and one on the way.

"Um yeah. I'd love that. I need to get drunk anyways. And now I have someone to make sure I don't die." I feel closer to her than I have to anyone other than my mother and I just met her a couple hours ago. She may be my only friend in this stupid world.

"You got that honey. Any reason why you'd wanna get drunk?" She raises a skeptical eyebrow at me and I just wave her off.

"Maybe another time Callie. I've just made my first friend. I'm gonna ride this high." She cracks another dazzling smile and rustles my hair.

"Aw shucks hun. I'm delighted."

"Shut up. You sound like my mother." And with that we walk out and onto my bike, with surprisingly no argument, and we head to the club. A stupid club with a stupid guy who changes my stupid life in one dance.