Chapter 10

LIZZY'S POV

He said he loved me.

He loves me.

I was still crying when I heard him sniffle a bit and when he looked back up at me I noticed he was tearing up.

Liz, I thought you said you would stop. Why would you do this again? Please sweetheart I'm getting worried. I don't want to ask what happened because you need to relax and rest. He cupped my face in his large bulgy soft tattooed hands.

Shit... where are the wrist bands so I can wrap you up? He mumbled to himself.

He got up and started looking through the cabinets in the hospital room and found some wraps and small towels. I couldn't really speak because my throat was hoarse from crying.

Give me your wrist, sweetheart. And can you please say something... you're so quiet and that's getting me worried, too. He grabbed my wrist gently and started patting the cuts with the towels, little did I know, they were the ones with the antibacterial alcohol and it burned like hell even if it was a light touch.

Ouch.. ow.. OW! Like it legit hurt but I was getting through it somehow.

Punk threw away the bloodfilled wipes and unrolled the wraps by before he wrapped, he kissed each of the cuts lightly and then wrapped.

My voice was still a little hoarse but I managed to whisper a Thank You to him.

You're welcome sweetheart. Do you mind if I spend the night here with you?

Before I could respond, Kayla came in with a bag full of food. Muffins, cookies, juices, bread, milk, fruit, sandwiches, and even a small bowl of broccoli cheddar soup. I was super hungry, usually I'm not. But this time, I felt like I actually had a real appetite. A strong appetite I may add.

Is everything okay in here? Sorry I took a while, the cashier was freaking out about all the stuff I was buying. Boo, I think you're gonna need ALL of this food. You need it. Are you okay? Come on, eat! She spread out all the stuff she got me on my lap in the bed. There was more than I thought.

Okay mom. I managed to say quietly, yet sarcastically.

I heard Punk chuckle a bit fron the side. Even though I'm still upset, him and my sis can really put a smile on my face.

I was staring at all the varieties of food in front of me. I wanted the soup first and I ate it so quickly. I got stares from Kayla and Punk. Kay looked the most surprised because she knows how I'm usually a slow eater. I was stuffing the food like crazy I forgot I was at the hospital. It was like thanksgiving dinner all over again. Except this one time when I was like 4 when I puked everywhere because I ate EVERYTHING.

Knock knock! I noticed Dr.Turner walking in and smiling. I hope he has good news.

Woah you were hungry! Thank you Ms. Paz for bringing her some food. Well it was actually more than we expected but Lizeth looks happy and more alive. You feeling okay Liz?

Yes I'm doing a bit better. I said taking the last drop of my apple juice. It totally cleared up my throat and I could talk more normal.

That's great! Well we have some good news. You can go home tonight. Please get some good rest. There's just some slight bruising in your nose. As you can tell, there's more damage to your right nostril but it should be healing quickly. I have some prescriptions for you to get for any pain and some special drops for your nose to open up the nostrils. Everything is good! Let me just write up the prescriptions and we will get you going!

I turned to see Kayla and Punk's faces glowing because of the news.

I heard the sound of a paper tearing and Dr.Turner handed me the papers.

I hope you guys have a good night, or good morning since it's about 1:30 a.m. I will see you in 4 months Liz. Take care!

Thanks doctor. We all said together.

He left the room and it was just the three of us. I needed to find some clothes to go home in but I couldn't find them.

Oh yes, Liz I stopped by the house a while earlier to get you a change of clothes. Here you go. She handed me a change of clothes, some sweatpants from freshman year high school basketball and my hawks hoodie and put my hair in a messy bun. I felt so comfortable. I walked out of the bathroom and they led me out to the lobby to check out.

We got out and reached the main entrance then I stopped walking.

You guys wait, who am I going home with?