Thinking Out Loud

“Take me into your loving arms

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars

Place your head on my beating heart

I'm thinking out loud

That maybe we found love right where we are

…”

_______________________//__________________

*Ariana’s POV*

We landed in Australia at around one in the morning. It was a beautiful place and the weather was without a doubt gorgeous. The media eventually heard about the drama Zayn and I went through; because Perrie told all of it.

I asked him if we wanted to deny it all, make up a lie to save his reputation and mine. He didn’t deserve any of it and I didn’t want to be seen as a weak woman for taking him back. He didn’t want to hide anything. He wanted to confirm that everything that Perrie said was true. The entire week was rough, from zany being called a scumbag and many other names. Many people questioning why I even stayed.

I just loved him too much to explain.

“We should all get to the rooms and rest for a little while, adjust to the time changes you know.” Liam suggested, Danielle clinging to his arm to stop her from falling asleep.

“Good Idea,” Eleanor nodded her head, taking her suitcase with Louis. “See you all in the morning… or a few hours later” She laughed lightly.

Zayn took my hand and walked towards the elevator, the walk being the quietest walk we ever took.

“Are you okay?” I asked quietly, brushing my thumb across his hand, gaining a small smile from him.

“I’m good, just a little tired that’s all. I hate airplane flights. Jet lag is a son of a bitch.” He chuckled lowly. “What do you have to do tomorrow with the girls?”

“Press conference about the tour, some radio interviews and a performance. We’ll be back at the hotel around nine.” I sighed. I knew the trip was going to be strictly about business, but I wanted to have at least a little time with Zayn; we needed a break.

The elevator stopped on our floor, across from our room. “Well maybe when you get back we can stay in for the rest of the night, go somewhere in the morning? I know you’d probably be too tired to go out in the same night.” He said, opening the door to the dark and cold hotel room, the smell of the clean sheets surrounding us instantly.

I nodded and smiled, happy at his gestures to actually go out and do things.

After we put all of the clothes and toiletries away, I stayed by him on the bed as he looked through his phone; Twitter probably. I figured the comments weren’t good by his facial expressions as he would scroll down.

“Stop.” I mumbled, pushing his phone face down on the bed. “Just stop reading them… you won’t feel any better if you keep reading them.”

He sighed, pulling me into him, his eyes becoming even more hurt.

“I know you said you forgive me, to leave everything that happened in the past, but I can’t help but to feel like shit, Ariana. Looking back on everything? I regret every fucking thing.” He shook his head.