Chapter 11: Bye-Bye Jazz

Chapter 11: Bye-Bye, Jazz

I felt my peaceful sleep woken up by someone shaking me vigorously. I blinked my eyes open as I saw Shawn right in front of me.

"Sh-Shawn? What are you doing?" I asked.

"I thought about taking you on a romantic picnic. Well, if you want to, that is." Shawn said. I sat up out of my hammock. I never thought that Shawn would have a romantic side of him. I never even saw it. Well, not until now.

"Umm, yeah." I said and got out of my hammock. "Just let me get ready first."

"Okay, see you in the clearing when you're ready." Shawn said and I nodded. I grabbed my backpack and went into the boy's side of the tree house where no girl stayed. I quickly changed and then walked down to the clearing where Shawn was. That was, when I saw Jasmine sitting and talking to him. What is she doing?

I walked up to them and began to glare at Jasmine. No way am I letting her steal him from me. "Oh, hey, Ryan. We were just talking." Shawn said. "Would you mind leaving for a moment?"

Jasmine glared and stormed off. "Fine," was the only thing she said. I sat down where she was and looked at all the things in front of us.

"You did all of this?" I asked.

"Every detail," Shawn said back. Wow. I didn't know he had it in him. Well, you gotta expect the unexpected.

"This is amazing, Shawn. I like it." I said.

"Thanks, it was all for you." He said and I felt my face heat up like an oven.

"You know, I've been thinking. . ." I said but stopped before saying anything else.

"About what? That this isn't going to work out? I'm sorry!" Shawn said.

"No, no! That's not it. Just about in the finale. When Sugar, Sky, and Jasmine are voted off. We'll have to face each other." I said. "And, if I win I'll be willing to share with you. But if you don't want to share if you win, I understand. You have your own important needs. I get it."

"Wow,"he said.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh, it's nothing! Nothing!"

"Um, okay. But till then, I think --" there was a loud squeak of a microphone that caused everyone to cover their ears with their hands.

"Sorry, sorry about that." Chris said. When is he ever sorry? "Seems like every time I press this button, it -- yep, it's definitely this button. Anyway, it's time to join me at the base of Mount McLean. I just named the mountain. Named it after me. You know, McLean. 'Cause I'm awesome. Anyway, just get over here. Pronto."

"Never mind. Guess we should just get down there." I said.

"Yeah, come on. We can walk together." Shawn said as I felt myself blush when he said that.

*"What is Shawn doing to me?! Ugh, why is he making me like him so much?!"*

We walked to a mountain where everyone else was. "Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourselves for making it to the final five. Proud and utterly terrified of what awaits you." Chris said.

"Is the island going to try to kill us again?" Shawn asked.

"Nope. The island is completely offline. Thanks to two people who's names I never want to hear again!" Chris said.

"He's talkin' about Max and Scarlett," Sugar said.

"Ah-hem. Okay. Today's challenge is called Mount-Ever-fast. Which is like Mount Everest, only this mountain was modeled after one in. . ." Chris suddenly stopped due to Sugar's loud chewing of her cabbage.