Ideas and Thankfulness

"It's not even 'trying' anymore. It's just 'doing'. We are going to make it happen, even if it hurts us in any shape or form.

"I'm grateful to know someone like you, a person who is persistent and eccentric, with a kind heart layered by a tough personality. You're a good person, Pete, and you are oh, so welcome." Keith replied with a cheerful tone.

"I think this conversation we had changed the way I look at some things. But not in a bad way, but in a good way." Pete murmured.

"I strongly agree." The man on the other line replied.

"I have an idea for something. I'm going to go work on it, and then I'll go to bed."

"Excellent. I'm going to go to bed, and I think I'll stop by at your flat tomorrow."

"That would be nice. Well I hope you have a nice sleep, Keith."

"I will."

It remained silent for half a minute. Pete was about to hang up on the phone until Keith had said something, his voice warm with humbleness.

"Pete?" Keith asked again.

"Yes, Keith?" Pete replied.

"I love you. I really, really love you."

Pete stifled a quiet laugh.

"And I love you too, Keith. I love you more than everything."

He heard Keith hang up the phone, and placed the phone back into its place. He walked back to his desk, grabbed his pen, along with the sheet of paper, and began to write lyrics to a song.