10

Ophelia laid out a blanket on the grass and sat beneath the cherry blossoms, a journal in her hands. She lied down on her stomach and crossed her legs daintily, looking around for something to draw.

On the other side of the yard, Tomoe was going to work with his chores, cleaning and taking care of the shrine as always. His hair was tied back again, and he had a gentle smile on his face. He had a small bounce in his step as he walked across the yard with tools in his hands, a carefree shine in his eyes as well. This made Ophelia giggle slightly, seeing the fox so calm.

'Oh, the wonders that love can do,' she teased, resting her cheek on her hand. She smiled once more and brought her pencil to the paper to draw.

It was difficult trying to capture the perfect curve of Tomoe's lips or the catlike structure of his eyes or even his soft tail that draped casually behind him. She sighed blissfully, glancing up often to look at certain ways that his robes flowed. She caught his eye a few times, smiling and waving the first time and averting her eyes from then on. She managed to draw his body and mouth, which was slightly curved in his all too devilish smile, when she sat her pencil down to rest. She closed her eyes and rolled onto her back, humming as the sun speckled through the branches above her.

"You never cease to amaze me."

Ophelia's eyes opened, and she blushed when she saw Tomoe upside down over her face. His hand brought her journal over in his line of sight, and all she could do was wait. Embarrassment flooded through her.

"I-it's not done..." she told him sheepishly, curling up a bit.

He grinned.

"You captured me perfectly," he told her, kissing her forehead. He sat the journal down and brushed her hair from her face, tracing her lips. "Was breakfast to your liking?"

Ophelia was a blushing, sighing mess. Her eyes closed in utter bliss, she nodded slowly. "Yes..." she told him.

'Kiss me, kiss me, kiss me...' she thought. 'Please...'

Tomoe saw the longing in her expression and smirked, leaning down and hovering over her lips. He brushed her hair and tilted her chin back, tracing her jawline slowly. He felt her shiver. "Do you want me to kiss you, Ophelia?" he teased, hovering closer so that their breaths mingled, hers shaking and his sweet and intoxicating.

Ophelia opened her eyes and nodded slowly. "Please..." she begged, reaching up to hold his head. "Tomoe..."

He smirked and sat up again, looking down at her. "I love how desperate you look," he told her, brushing her hair back again. He stood up and walked back to do the chores.

Ophelia caught her breath and stared at the canopy of the trees, her face a bright red. She spun around onto her stomach and buried her head in her arms, groaning faintly. Her stomach leapt in excitement, and she peeked over her arms at Tomoe. She could see his shoulders shaking with laughter.

"Tomoe..." she mumbled, sitting up a little. "You're making me insane..."

Tomoe glanced back at her over his shoulder and chuckled, going back to his chores.

'I have you wrapped around my finger,' he thought, sighing faintly. It was a halfhearted tease, and his stomach was light with lovesickness.

Onikiri and Kotetsu sat on the porch idly, drinking cups of tea.

"Did you notice the sudden change in behavior between them?" Kotetsu asked.

"Indeed. Lady Ophelia seems to be warming up to Master Tomoe much quicker now," Onikiri agreed.