Chapter 3

(A/N: There will be Pov changes to show different people's cases and situations in Syco Medical Centre)

THE NEXT DAY

Emily's Pov

I had the best first day experience as an intern, my entry in the world of medicine. I still couldnt believe I managed to successfully perform a craniatomy by myself with Dr Tomlinson assist but still. I doubted myself so much. Again his words came back in my mind about my mother. Why did they always compared me to her?

You already a step ahead of your mother

As I already said it, mother was my hero, my inspiration career wise but not as a human being in general because she was too commited in her job that nothing else mattered including her family. Workaholic wasnt a harmful thing but in everything you should overdo things. It will end up good.

One more thing, with all love and respect I had for my mother, I didnt want to be her shadow, I didnt want to think I performed well because of her, I didnt want anyone to think I got really good surgeries or chances because of her. The surgery yesterday wasnt because of her, it was luck and destiny, I was the only in the hallway and Dr Tomlinson spotted me so I went for it.

That was how life works. When you have a chance, you have to grab. Otherwise you will be a loser.

I didnt like it one bit when people talked about me that too behind my back that I got the surgery and they thought because of my name. Moments like this, I wish I was nobody's daughter, just a girl named Emily who wanted to achieve her dream and make a name of herself all by herself. That was why I immediately when to see Chief Dr Cowell soon as the feud between my boss and Tomlinson ended. He was nice to me and understood so he asked Dr Horan to tell the other interns not to think anything wrong. So I hope that today, will be a better day and that noone will think anything not true about me.

Yes I am a sensitive person, I cared about what people say and/or think about me. That a crime? Nope.

Plus today felt better as I wasnt home alone anymore, Alessia, Danielle and Hailee joined with me and I was happy. Last night was a nice dinner between girls, Danielle was the best cook, she made us paila, chicken roast with red wine for a better ambiance. I felt like I could fit in and this was nice.

"Hey Emily, Alessia s calling for  breakfast and she's driving us"Hailee knocked at my bedroom door and I smiled as I waa dressing up. See? It was always nice to have company. No more bus or local transport, not complaining, I enjoyed local transports but no backing out from free carpool right?

"Bacon and eggs today so eat up"Alessia said beaming with happiness as we started eating and talking.