Chapter 31

SAME DAY

Alessia's Pov

The whole Cardio department was under my control today. I was the only people will listen today. Yayyy it felt like a dream but I knew that I had to keep it under control because it meant that I shouldn't mess anything up. I had to be Dr Malik today, I had to make him proud to leave his department to me. Do far everything was fine. I have assisted all nurses on their cases saved all my patients.

There was just one case that was a little tricky because we were short of staffs, nurses weren't allowed to perform on that, we needed more attending and I was just an intern even if I was the one married to cardio I wasn't allowed to do it without an attending's approve. So here I was running in the hallway my uniform and white lab coat all turned to red, yes blood all over me while I search for someone available to help.

Let me start from the beginning of the day I screwed up big time.

FEW HOURS AGO

"Hi I am Dr Donovan, I'll be your cardio doctor today...Jules Dawson ? What happened with you? "I said complimenting the young woman , I check her details on the patient's tab screen and she was a 39 year old woman pregnant. What??? Not a safe to be pregnant, medically not safe.

"Hi, my stomach is hurting like hell, I don't think it's a contraction I mean are they supposed to hurt this muchh ahhhh"The woman said and starting shouting in pain holding her belly that wasn't showing yet.

"Hmm mam, How many months are you?"I asked her.

"2 months, see that is not a contraction right? Way too early. My baby ll just be the size of a pea "She said and I nodded. Yeah something was wrong, either with her or the baby. Before I could say anything someone entered the room with two bottles of water from the cafeteria. I assumed it  was the husband.

"Hello Doctor, I'm the husband Robert Dawson."He said shaking my hand in politeness so I smiled back.

"Hello, so why are you being admitted in the cardio department if there's a problem with your baby?"I asked what I had in mind to the wife . She was as confused as me but not her husband.

"Actually Doctor, we have come here straight because my wife had a minor heart attack or a stroke I don't know. I guess that's why"Mr Dawson explained to me and I nodded. Heart attack and pain like contraction for a two months pregnant woman. Holy shit. Glad to be my case.

"Alright, may I check your heartbeat and pulse first?"I asked before checking her heartbeat with my stethoscope and her pulse on her wrist. There was weird irregular beats in her heart, I moved around her skin and I did find bulges like something was inside, probably blocking her airways or arteries. I needed to see what was inside. I had to check if the baby was hanging in there.

"Done. Ok now I'm gonna need to see the baby to make sure he or she will be alright"I said before pulling forward the machine for the ultrasound. I placed the gel on the stomach and moved the sensor on it to see if the baby was there and alright.

"Can we see it?"Mrs Dawson asked me and I didn't say anything at first, if there was bad news it ll crush them and affect the surgery , then have side effects so I turned the screen in a way only I could see it for now.

"Mam, I need to examine with another superior before showing because this is my first case on my own. My attending the chief of cardio is on leave. I need to show these scans with another attending"i said standing up and left the room to the reception.