Kinda Cute

Dear Diary,

(IF YOU ARE NOT MY DIARY, GO AWAY) If this is you mother, leave before I tell dad you told Claire that you would cheat on him if George Clooney wanted to sleep with you! I hear everything mwhahaha

My name is Cherry. I am 12 years, 301 days, 52 minutes and 32 seconds old. Those days are very important when describing my age. These are what let people know they can no longer call me a child because I'm closer to being a teenager (I'll be the most stylish teen in school, can I just say) My mum always says "Cherry, stop being silly. Whilst you're underage, you're a child" I try to tell her that no one cares about that gross stuff. When it comes to boys, well eh. What is it with these brattish boys these days? Can you believe what Jason (my used to be crush before he turned stupid) said to me last week? "Cherry, you're kind of cute..." SORRY WHAT KINDA? HE'S NOT GOING TO GET A GIRLFRIEND LIKE THAT! Anyway, that isn't the worst part. "But I can't ask you out whilst your celebrity crush is Leonardo DiCaprio" What he doesn't realise is that ever since Miss Johansson made History class watch Titanic as a part of learning about the ship (Bad Idea by the way, the whole class ended up crying) everyone loves Leo. Which is completely understandable if I say so myself. I'm almost a teenager, that means I can like who I want to like. I'm a free woman now. No one can tell me what to do. Not even my mum. So, I most definitely will not let Jason control me.

I am worried that this diary is just going to be full moany notes, I like to express my emotions through writing. This keeps me independent and means I don't have to rely on anyone but myself. I get mad at people easily. As I'm maturing into a young lady now I can't have a go at them directly.

I've spent the last 8 weeks saving ALL of my pocket money on this diary (teenagers can get pocket money too, especially when their parents think they're still a kid, this is the ONLY and I mean ONLY occasion I allow her to call me a kid) I took the train to John Lewis and bought you. You have a pink fluffy back, and a patterned pink front. No bad, eh?

I did my best not to let my mum or brother see what it looked like so they won't know what to look for. They're nosey parkers. Always wanting to know what's going on in my life (just because theirs is lame and boring!). My brother always wants to try and find out if I'm writing bad things about him, which I usually am because he's just pure evil. Did you know that I always keep an ice cream stash in the freezer for hot days?! Course you didn't. But anyway. Yesterday I almost died in the heat (true story) and I went to get ice cream and IT WAS ALL GONE?! Who in JOE SUGGS holey moley WOULD eat MY ice cream other than my brother? Low and behold I went to his room and there he was with MY (see how I'm emphasising I? Lindon taught me that) ice cream around HIS mouth!

And do you know what my mother said?!

DO YOU KNOW?!

SHE SAID I SHOULD HAVE EATEN IT QUICKER!

ERUGH!