He said no.

Dear Diary,

Today was the best day of my life. JASON ASKED ME TO THE SUMMER DANCE. He said he was dared to, but I don't care. I'll still show our kids the photos when we're older. Our first proper date! How amazing is that?!

But wait. I don't want kids.

Oh well, I'll show our dog.

It was funny to watch the envy on both Lindon and Tallulah's faces when I walked out of the school gate arm in arm with Jason.

Ah I could just imagine it.

"Jason and Cherry, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride" Uh I need to hurry up and get over this midlife crisis and become an adult! Then I can get married and ride off on camels into the sunset!

~~~

I COULDN'T JUST HAVE ONE DAY OF HAPPINESS COULD I?

NOOOOO CHERRY YOU CAN'T (APPARENTLY)

MY PARENTS ARE GETTING DIVORCED AND THEY ARE FIGHTING FOR CUSTODY?! NO.

I want all of my belongings in one bedroom. Not have half of my things on one week and half of my things on the other!

THAT'S IT IM RUNNING AWAY IF THEY BOTH CAN'T HAVE ME, NO ONE CAN. I AM NOT A TOY TO BE FOUGHT OVER

How hard do you think it is for a twelve-year-old (who is almost a teen) to live by themselves? Hmm. I am Cherry. And Cherry can do anything!

OH MY FIDDLESTICKS

I'M GOING TO MOVE IN WITH JASON.

I'M GOING TO ASK JASON IF I CAN LIVE WITH HIM!

OF COURSE, HE'LL SAY YES

WE ARE PRACTICALLY BOYFRIEND AND GIRLFRIEND

~~~

He said no.

Well then. I know when I'm not wanted. I'm going to pack my bags and leave for good. And I'm bringing Elvis and his dancing butt with me. Why should I stay and only put up with everyone bossing me around? I may as well shave my other eyebrow off. I should do that. At least they won't recognise me and then I'll be able to start my new life!

I need to google what Britney did during her crisis. I need some tips. I'm not used to this kind of thing.

I do know that I'm going to get a job. Preferably at McDonalds so that I don't have to pay for my food and then I have more money to buy lots of hamsters with big dancing butts. I could go on Britain's Got Talent – the judges always love animals. THEN I CAN BUY A HOUSE AND BE RID OF PARENTS FOREVER!!!

And then I'll be so nice as to let Jason live with me.

OR MAYBE I'll just have Leo...

We'll see.