Author's Note (Sorry!!)

I realized as I was writing this next  part that I hadn't really explained when this story is set, and how this all works with the Tourney at Harrenhal, Jaime's knighting, what's going on with Cersei/Rhaegar/Elia, Robert's Rebellion and all of that. So hopefully this explains everything:

Jaime is 17 years old, he squired for Ser Barristan Selmy, and was knighted at the end of the battle against the Kingswood Brotherhood when he was fifteen. In the original story, he went to King's Landing after his knighting to see Cersei where she convinced him to be a Kingsguard. In my version, Tywin sent Cersei back to the Rock after a failed attempt to convince King Aerys to marry Cersei and Rhaegar. So instead he just returns to Casterly Rock, where they do have the conversation about him becoming a Kingsguard because Cersei knows she will eventually be Queen (due to her talk with the witch Maggy). He initially agrees, but as we know he doesn't actually become a Kingsguard because of Arya. 

Arya is sixteen years old, she is the youngest Stark child, Brandon being 21, Eddard being 20, Lyanna 18 (yes I know she was 16 in the books, I am making everyone older), and Benjen 17. She is sent to live with her future husband Jaime Lannister, after a proposal is made to her father by Tywin Lannister, while visiting at King's Landing (this is obviously a separate visit before he is summoned and killed). 

Now we come to Cersei, in chapter 4 I said that Rhaegar was her betrothed. This is not really true, he is married to Elia Martell, but they are Lannisters, and they always want to get what they want, and since their father's plan was for her to get engaged to Rhaegar, in their minds, they are betrothed and will eventually, one way or another, get married. So when she is sent to Dragonstone, she is being sent to basically try to entice Rhaegar into loving her instead of being with Elia. Sucks for her because Rhaegar is actually at King's Landing, about to head out for the Tourney at Harrenhal. 

In the books, this tourney happened when Jaime was 15, in 281 AC. However, my story is set in 283, so that is when the tourney is going to happen. Following the tourney, the timeline will progress the same as in the books, just two years later. So for example, instead of being born in 284, Daenerys will be born in 286. 

So, sorry for the confusion, and sorry that there hasn't been much action yet, however the tourney will be happening either chapter 7 or 8, so things are going to start picking up! If you have any questions about what I am doing here please drop a comment and I'll make sure to answer it! 

As always, thanks, and remember:

Winter is Coming

-agoldenlannister