Seven: "Don't you trust me?"

W E D N E S D A Y | J U L Y
George:

WAKING UP on the floor, I rolled over accidentally punching Fin in the stomach.

He groaned and gave me a look, as I sat up and rubbed my eyes, taking in my surroundings. I was in Mary's room, on her floor, Sam still sleeping next to Mary, his shirt off and his hair messy. She smiled down at him when he grumbled out his infamous nickname.

"Sugar," he said groggily, turning onto his stomach and shoving his head under the pillow. "Stop texting Genevieve and cuddle with me."

Of course she was talking to Genevieve, I thought to myself standing up. I walked into the bathroom and splashed my face with some water. I felt a pain in my chest as I though about everything that was going on with Genevieve. To be honest it doesn't seem like a big deal, but we used to tell everything to each other. Now, she's closed off, and we barely talk. Our relationship is running on a thin line.

"YOU BETER DAMN RUN WELLS!" I heard Fin yell from Mary's room. I bolted out of the bathroom wanting to know what happened. Fin rarely raises his voice, so when he does you know you've fucked up. "I WARNED YOU WELLS, I TOLD YOU NOT—"

I came into the room, Mary was standing in front of Fin, Fin was pointing at Sam, Sam was sitting in the bed his hands raised in surrender. I scrunched my face up in confusion. I walked up to Fin, clamping a hand on his shoulder trying to calm him down.

"What happened?" I asked carefully, ready to hold him back if I needed to. Fin let out a stressed sigh and ran his hands through his hair. "Fin? Why are you so mad at Sam?"

"I just— I saw the damn scratches on his back..." he trailed off, hoping I would understand what he meant. I did and I snorted. He grumbled, scowling at my laughter. "What's so funny, Littleton?"

"Okay first of all, quit the last name thing," I say clutching my stomach with laughter. Fin and Mary were both confused but Sam's eyes widened as he realized what Fin thought.

"Wait, you think we had— no, it's not that, I swear to god." Sam said clambering out of the bed. Her threw his shirt on and slung an arm around Mary kissing her temple. "They're scars from my father's abuse. There's a dozen more if you look closer, but the visible ones, those were from when my father tried grabbing me but missed and scratched my back."

Fin looked down shamefully, he'd been informed of Sam's past, but he didn't know how bad it actually was, but I don't blame him, it does look bad.

"He'd been drunk for like two days straight and he'd practically lived on the sofa, his nails were long and dirty the scratches got infected they scared badly because they didn't heal properly." Sam explained waving off Fins attempt to apologize. Mary's phone buzzed multiple times. She turned and pointed to her bed.

"Can you pass me my phone, George?" She asked. I nodded and took her phone. "Thanks."

I didn't mean to read the text, but I'm sorry I did. My chest bubbled up with anger and pain. I clenched my jaw tightly as I read the text over and over again, getting more angry by the second.

9:20- Genevieve: Sorry, my grandma from Cali called, she wanted to catch up.

"George?" Mary said bringing me out of my trance. I looked up briefly, and I guess I looked as angry as I felt because Fin spoke up too.