Fourteen: Good and Bad

T H U R S D A Y | A U G U S T
George:

THE NEXT day I woke up with Mila still in my arms.

She was sleeping peacefully and she had her arm rested on my bare chest. My arms were wrapped around her, my face buried in her peach coloured and peach smelling hair. I moved looking around the room slightly.

I could get use to this.

I tightened my grip around her and shoving my nose back in her hair and enjoying the warmth. I thought about her parents again, how upset her mom made her feel and how it reminded me of how my dad made me feel sometimes.

My dad has come to visit the least, surprisingly though, every time he's come he's brought me a drink and snacks for when I'm hungry and stayed for about an hour.

It was weird, but I knew he was making an effort. Mila told me she's seen my parents and Jack but she didn't want to intrude on my visits. I only smiled and said it was fine. I told her that they'd like her.

I felt her stir in my arms and I smiled down at her as she tilted her head up to face me. The position looked awkward and uncomfortable but she smiled back and said morning.

"Morning," I say, my voice groggy from not using it for a while. She smiled a little wider and let out a small laugh. "What?"

"Your morning voice is super cute." She replied moving her head back to a more comfy position. I chuckled a little and took another sniff of her hair. "Stop smelling my hair! It's so weird."

"It smells good though," I reason, taking in another whiff. She rolled her eyes reached up a little pushing my head away. I pouted. "Aw come on, Mila."

"Stop it, you giant ass tree."

"Did you just call me a tree?" I laughed throwing my head back and then smiling brightly at her. "Damn, shortie, got any better insults?"

"Shut up,"

It went silent and we stayed in each other's arms until we fell asleep again. That happened a lot, it was a lazy day and she only woke up to go to the bathroom and after she's just come back. I had lost track of the time a long time ago, so when we woke up again I didn't know what time it was.

The only thing was I didn't really wake up to a calm sleeping Mila this time, I woke up to her yelling, trying to avoid the needle a nurse was trying to insert. I was confused to say the least.

"I will not go! You've done enough tests, asked me enough questions! Fuck my mom, she isn't the one with a medical degree, you are, don't let her boss you around!" She exclaimed and yanked her arm back. I looked around notice there were a few nurses here and I looked down at Mila as they continued to try persuade her to cooperate. She only refused and kept a hard face.

"Stop, please just stop!" She was tearing up slightly and started clinging onto me like her life depended on it. I tried to calm her down, I tried to tell her it would be okay, she just needed to be calm. I didn't know what was happening. I didn't know what to do. "I'm not going. You can't get me to go."

"Mila, what's happening? What are you talking about?" I questioned and tried stroking Mila's hair as another brought another bed and was trying to get her to go into that one. They can't do that, right? They can't do anything without consent, right?