Thirteen: Movie Nights

W E D N E S D A Y | A U G U S T
George:

INSTEAD OF waking up to Mila at my side I woke up alone and to a small note.

Mila's writing was neat and I could stare at her writing all day. She said she was kicked out and told to go back to her own room, which she did; reluctantly. I laughed and made a mental note to thank her for staying so late.

I ate a small bit of breakfast that was brought to me and fell asleep for a little while again. When I woke up I'd realized I only slept another half hour and not much time had passed. I felt tired and I wanted to sleep more, but after a good hour of moving around and staring at the ceiling and trying to sleep, I gave up.

I went on my phone a while, waiting for Mila. I would text her, but one, I don't have her number and two, she could have visitors and I don't want to seem desperate or something.

I'm not.

I scrolled through Instagram and liked a few pictures on my explore page. It was mainly random videos and images, some funny, some dumb, some about Tubas. I smiled as I remembered that I let Parker use my phone to watch other people play tubas on my phone one day.

He's getting a lot better, and he's grown a little so its not as hard to hold it anymore. His bruised ribs from the break-in were healing perfectly and the little kid got still has his elephant. I felt really bad for him, poor kid didn't deserve that. I remembered the his school play too, that was today. I felt bad for missing it. He really wanted me to be there.

I heard my door open and a very cheery and bright Maya came speed walking into my room. I shut my phone off and greeted her with a smile. "Hey, smiles, what's up?" I shifted my gaze to Mila who closed the door again and smiled waving, I smiled back at her and Maya poked my arm trying to get my attention again.

"I'm going home soon!" She smiled and what she said made me smile wider, I looked towards Mila and she smiled. "Nurse Ava said that I'm all done my medicine and that I don't need it anymore." I hugged her a little and gave her a small high five.

"That's great news, Maya." I saw happily as she showed me where the IV for Chemotherapy that she referred to it as 'stuff', was no longer in her arm. Maya danced around my room the whole time laughing and just being a kid and Mila chased her around pretending to be a monster. It was cute as she screamed and laughed as Mila hoped on one foot and used her crutches to mimic giant arms.

Finally, when she got tired, Mila took her back to her room and I waited once again, the feeling of déjà vu consuming me. Hopefully I didn't pass out this time. It was around dinner when Mila came back, she had a small frown on her gorgeous features, it made me frown. I wonder what happened.

"What's wrong?" I ask scooting over in my bed for her to lay down next to me. We lay side by side as we started at the ceiling. She huffed in annoyance. "My mom called, she wanted to know if I was coming home soon and I know I won't be."

There it was again. The why question. Why is she staying so long?

"How long are you staying?" I ask quietly afraid the answer will be tomorrow. In all honesty, I didn't want to have to say goodbye, I didn't want to say goodbye and watch her hop out of my room for the last time and probably never see her again. I didn't want our days to end, I didn't want to be lonely again. "Mila?"