Chapter 12

I flew around the beast and dodged in between it's many tentacles and just barely dove under it's gaping maw

I flew high above the worm and fired, using the explosion as a covering to fly back down and slice the worm's ugly mouth off.
It went limp and died.
I landed on a metal bar, but my jetpack nearly unbalanced me, being heavier. Once balanced, I scanned around with hopes of spotting my Sparkmate and sister.
That proved unwise, as a Decepticon ship fired at me.
I managed to shoot it down, but the blast unbalanced me fully and I toppled off the metal to become tangled in a bunch of cables, upside-down.
I grunted as I tried to grab hold of a cable, but the jetpack prevented me from doing so, and it was pressing uncomfortably against my shoulder-plates.
I groaned. Thank goodness my sister couldn't see me like this. She would never let me hear the end of it...ever.
"Hang on, Optimus!" someone called from below.
I looked down to see the Wreckers.
"We'll cut you down!" Kamicazii shouted up.
"Hurry!" I cried back.
The Wreckers made their way up to me, Kamicazii being first since she was smaller and lighter.
She pulled out a knife and began sawing at the cable holding my jetpack uncomfortably against my shoulder-plates.
The other Wreckers managed to get up and began sawing at the other cables as well.
My jetpack was freed, then my leg, then an arm, and finally my torso.
I plummeted towards the ground but used my jetpack to fly back up again.
I offered the Wreckers some help getting back down, but they declined saying it was a good vantage spot to shoot Decepticons below.
Kamicazii's exact words were,"I'm gonna wreck it!"
I flew around, shooting at Decepticons below me, then I heard someone shouting.
"What did he ever do to you?"
I quickly recognized the voice as Orchid's and it sounded as if she were in pain.
I growled. Those Decepticons better not have fragged my Orchid. If they did...oh they had it coming.
I heard Orchid roar, which was cut short.
I landed and was going to sprint towards the sound, but a group of Decepticons charging demanded my immediate attention.
I grabbed my sword and got rid of my jetpack. I swung the red-hot blade lethally in front of me.
"You are blocking our path, Prime," one Decepticon sneered.
"And you are in my way," I retorted.
They charged me and I cut them down, one after the other.
Then I heard screams. Not Orchid's screams luckily, but a mech's screams. As if in terrible pain.
My thoughts flashed to Sideswipe. He was the only mech I knew who could scream that high-pitched.
I ran towards the sound again, but I was not prepared for what I saw.
A white panther with purple, green, and blue highlights was biting into a Decepticon's neck-cables. At every scream, the panther's jaws would push tighter. Until the Decepticon died, that panther wasn't letting go.
Once he was dead, the panther placed a paw on his dead chassis and lifted it's helm to release a loud, victorious roar.
There was something familiar about the panther. Maybe it was because it had the same coloring as Orchid?
My thoughts were cut short when a fighter ship carrier flew over our helms. We all ducked and chaos broke out.
Bumblebee took out Soundwave, but what impressed and surprised me the most, was when the panther took out three Decepticons in a row...and transformed into Orchid!
I gaped. Thank goodness my mask was on so nobody noticed.
I didn't know Orchid could do that. I'd have to question her later.
Suddenly, golden veins and patterns bloomed from her chest-plate down to her servos and peds. It made her look beautiful, but also powerful and dangerous.
Orchid shouted and about a dozen metal spikes shot out the ground and impaled what remained of the Decepticons around us.
There was a shocked silence, then everybody looked at Orchid.
The golden symbols and veins were gone. She looked normal. Except for the fact she had just killed every Decepticon in the area with a shout.
"Orchid," my sister whispered, then laughed,"That. Was. Awesome!"
My sister hugged her friend tightly and I watched a smile spread across Orchid's lovely face-plates.
Orchid then noticed me,"Optimus!"
Everyone saw me and went to tell me what had happened. I was saddened that Wheeljack had died, he had been a trusted friend for many many years.
Aura, of course, gave me a hug. Because she's the 'hugger', as I called her.
I patted my sister's helm.
"So, where's the pillar?"
"I can show you where," Orchid said.
I followed her with my jetpack as we flew around buildings together. If this wasn't a battle, I would've enjoyed it a lot more.
I noticed Orchid's helm tilt up a little and heard her curse.
I looked up as well, and saw Cybertron's face.
"Hurry!" I said urgently.
Orchid beat her wings twice more and shot ahead. I had to put my jetpack's engines on full blast to catch up with her.
"There!" Orchid said, coming to an abrupt stop and pointing.
I couldn't stop in time and slammed into her. Orchid yelped and we crashed in a heap in an alleyway.
I heard Orchid groan and got up to help her. I shrugged off my jetpack and lifted her helm into my lap.
"Orchid? Are you okay?" I asked.
Orchid groaned again and touched her helm,"That hurt, Optimus."
I lifted her up so she was kneeling beside me and kissed her fore-helm,"I'm sorry."
Orchid kissed my cheek,"I guess I should've given you more of a warning, huh?"
I laughed a little and pressed my lips to hers.
An explosion shook the building next to us and we pulled apart awkwardly.
"I forgot we were in the middle of a war," Orchid said, looking away and blushing.
I smiled slightly and brushed my digits down the side of her face-plates before standing and helping the femme up as well.
"Let's go beat the oil out of the 'cons," she said determinedly.
I nodded,"It would help if you could do that little metal trick again."
Orchid laughed,"Totally."