Getting up and then getting a sword

Getting up and getting a sword

“Jessamyn. Jessamyn. Jessamyn. JESSAMYN NIGHT! GET THE F*** UP!" someone yelled in my ear. I screamed and fell off my bunk.

“I'm up! I'm up!" I yell back. I look up to see Nico and Jacob. “Gods, can't you people wake me up gently? Oh and when is dinner? I'm starving." I say.

“No, I don't spare someone younger than me. I woke you up in the best way I could." Nico says.

“Ok, just because I'm short does not mean I'm younger." I say sassily.

“I'm sixteen and I was locked in a casino for seventy years. I'm older." Nico said, smirking evilly.

“Whatever. Let me change. Wait, where are we going? If Jacob's planning on throwing me in the sea again I don't want to get more clothes wet." I say, glaring at Jacob. He just grinned at me. Nico looked at us strangely.

“Well, there will be no water involved this time." Nico says.

“Ok." I say then get myself a pair of black jeans, a midnight blue tank top, and black combat boots. I change into the clothes and pull on a pair of black biker gloves without fingertips. I put on a black belt with skulls on it. I put my black tongue ring back on. I grab my leather jacket and go outside to where the boys are.

“Let's go." I say.

We start walking towards the sword arena. We go in and I see Clarisse there. She was wrestling with a boy that looks a lot like Jacob. Clarisse was winning by the looks of it. When they were done I walked over to Clarisse. I'm assuming we were friends now because I like weaponry. Let's just say the people at school were probably scared of me.

We were talking about spears when I felt a presence behind me. I reached behind me and grabbed someone's arm, or face, and judo flipped the person. I looked down to the face of the boy that looked like Jacob.

“Who are you and why did you sneak up on me?" I asked, pulling a Mortal pocket knife out of my combat boot and flicked it open. He laughed when he saw my knife. That p*ssed me off. I put the knife away and let him go.

“Um Percy? This is Jessamyn Night, daughter of Hades." Jacob said.

“So your name is Percy, huh? Do you go p*ssing people off often?" I asked.

“Yea but by accident. So you're Jessamyn. Jacob had told me about you. Like how he threw you in the sea and almost drowned you two days ago." Percy said and I blushed. Wait, two days ago. I looked at my half brother.

“I passed out for two days from shadow traveling? No wonder I was hungry." I say, amazed that I slept for two days.

“Yea but it was nothing compared to me. I went to China and passed out for a week." he admits.

“Hey, Nico, do you have an awesome sword?" I ask. He pulls out a completely black sword out of his sheath. I stared at it. Out was totally awesome.

“That's Stygian Iron, right?" I ask.

“Yea. Oh, c'mon. We were supposed to get you a weapon." he said then started walking towards a shed.

I started to walk to the dining pavilion to get something to eat, something small, like a pomegranate. Then I decide to shadow travel there. I started running headfirst into a tree. I somehow found myself in my cabin.

“That's strange. I wanted to go to the dining pavilion." I mutter to myself. I then see an outline of something on my bed.

I walk over to my bunk and look at the object. It looked like a sword. I picked it up and walked out of the cabin. It was indeed a sword, it was in a black sheath. I pulled the sword put off the sheath and looked at it in awe. It was made with the same metals as Nico's except mine had my name engraved on the hilt. It felt balanced in my hand.

I decided to head back to the sword arena. I strap the sheath to my belt and start running to the arena. Then I ran into someone. I hit the ground and groaned.

“What is it with me and running into people?" I say then look at the person I ran into. She was a girl with curly blonde hair and gray eyes. She looked about a few years older than me.

“I'm sorry, I was just running to the sword arena." I say to the girl. She's obviously weirded out by my dark aura.

“It's fine, I'm Annabeth." she said. I stood up and held out a hand to help her up. She accepted the help.

“I'm Jessamyn. Sorry about running into you." I say and start running into a tree. I disappear into the shadow and find myself in the sword arena. I was really tired.

I spot Jacob taking to Percy, who I still don't trust.

“Hey guys. Where's Nico, I need to talk to him." I say.

“Well, first he was p*ssed off because you weren't following him. Then he looked in the dining pavilion. Next he went to your guy's cabin. Now he'll be here in Three. Two. One-" Percy says as Nico runs up to us.

“Sup Neeks. We found Jessamyn." Percy said. I glared at him, making him cower slightly.

“No you didn't, I came here by myself. Now, Nico. I found this on my bed." I pulled out my sword. Nico took it out of my hand and looked at it.

“Well, it looks like dad sent you a sword. He probably knew that there wouldn't be any swords that would be balanced to you. Here." Nico handed me back my sword then turned around and ran into a shadow. I don't know where he was going.

I turned around to the two boys. Percy has a ballpoint pen out and Jacob has a click pen out. Why they have pens out I don't know. Percy took the cap off of his pen and Jacob clicked his pen. Both grew into three foot long swords. Oh gods, what's going on?