Chapter 6 - Feyre

Feyre's POV

"I am your savior."

The room was quiet as the girl said that, her shoulders slumping after a second. "Wow, tough crowd," she complained, sheathing her swords. "No 'oohs' or 'aahs?' Not even one?"

Laughing was the last thing on my mind. I had about a million questions. She was the woman in the Night Court, claiming to be a traveler from the Spring Court. The one who made my magic jump alive at the touch, who asked me to sketch her armor.

As I regarded the woman before me, my magic felt the same way it did in the shop a few days ago. It seemed to be magnified with the power of the High Lords in the room. It seemed to draw to her, cling to her, like a child to a mother. There was a pull in my chest to get closer, to be closer, to feed off of her energy.

"Who are you?" Azriel asked harshly, his voice as hard as his grip on his sword that was still drawn.

"Gosh, introductions are so boring," she waved her hand, taking off her outer cloak and flipping her long, luminous hair around her shoulders. She had a confident attitude about her, standing straight and reveling in the attention cast on her. "You really want to know how I hid from your shadows, Shadowsinger."

Azriel's expression turned into one of fury, and she simply smirked at him. His Siphons glowed, and I saw her glance at them, a glisten of something in her eyes. Rhys cleared his throat and she fixed her attention on him with an arched brow, an impassive look fixed upon her face.

"If you don't identify yourself, I'll give permission to every guard and sentry in this room to leave you in pieces," Rhys declared, his voice purely commanding and terrifying. I almost shivered at the sheer power of his voice.

The girl did not falter, staring at Rhys defiantly. She looked around the room at the buff bodies of the large guards and the stable hands of sentries with arrows notched. She rolled her eyes at Rhys. "Please. I dare you to try. Names are useless when you come from where I come from. Besides, your weapons don't scare me. I actually quite like some of them, they would look nice in my collection."

Several of the High Lords shifted in their seats in impatience, including Rhys. They each let their damper on their power slip a little and many guards tensed up, hands tightening further on their weapons.

She grinned wickedly, closing her eyes as she breathed in. "So much magic."

I stood up and her eyes snapped to my spot, her pupils looking like molten pools of light of every color. I regretted my choice as her attention focused on me, and I felt the pressure of the magic in the room hit my head. Still, I braved myself against the uncomfortable feeling, and commanded, "Identify yourself, please."

"Why, all you had to do was ask nicely," she responded, everyone giving her blank stares in wait. I sat back down, Rhys putting his hand on mine in concern.

Are you alright? He asked me, and I squeezed his hand lightly in response.

The woman sighed, snapping her fingers and a chair similar to the ones we sat in appearing. She moved some chairs, a phantom wind blowing the seats of Tamlin and Eris over as she made enough space for her own.

With a sigh, she sat down, her slender body moving with a feline grace. "If you really must know, and if the books still exist around the realm, I am Nyssa Highthorn, Goddess of Magic," she informed us, boredom in her voice as she examined her sharp nails, painted in a silver starlight. "Can we move on from formalities?"

"Goddess?" Helion asked, a sudden tone of mystification and admiration in his voice. He had a starstruck look on his face as his eyes widened in awe.