A (Ch. 6)

Lucas was driving us all back with Draak in the passenger and me in the back. I was very pissed. Once again I got shot and now I have to have others help me. I feel so worthless. I feel useless. I feel...

Stop with the self-deprecation. Getting help isn't that bad, everyone needs help every once in a while.

Says the person who can heal himself.

I don't heal myself. I just heal faster. And who said I am still able to with everything going on?

"So are you two twins or was I right before with the whole cloning thing?" I just sighed as my head began to swim again. This was going to be a very long night. We got a lead but its still far from over. And on top of that, Lucas is not an interrogator. That was left for Sarah and Cara to do. I find it unlikely that Lucas could coax the time out of a clock, let alone something as important as this. We're all fucking pathetic without them if you think about it.

How can you be so... mean and still be considered the good one?

Maybe because I actually feel guilt over the things I do and you don't. Or how about the fact that I care about others besides myself and you don't. Or how about...

How about the fact that you're hot-headed, prideful, self-sacrificing...

Your cold, callus, dramatic...

Brainless Jock...

Soulless emo...

"PSYCHO!!" Draak spun around looking me right in the eyes. He actually said it. I can't believe he actually went there. You never call me a psycho.

"MONSTER!" His eyes went wide and we both yelled out our frustrations. Lucas just sat there, gripping the steering wheel awkwardly. 

"Did I miss something?"

"No!"

"Yes!" We both answered at the same time. I just sighed and looked out the window. I tried to position myself a little differently but It wasn't working. It just hurt too much.

"You both... don't really get along... do you?"

"No, I guess we don't." Draak was all ready answering the questions. I just wanted everything to be quiet.

"Do you hate each other?" What is with all these questions, Lucas?

"That would be like asking your brain if it hated your heart." I tried drowning out the conversation but without anything, I couldn't. I never thought I would actually want some music.

If you asked I would gladly let you borrow mine.

No Thank You.

"I'm sorry I don't understand..."

"We are essential for each other's survival." For a poet that was very tactless.

I'm sorry would you like something more along the lines of...

"Don't you dare Draak." I said as I tried to cover my ears. The pain wouldn't let me move my one arm though. Shit.

"Our lifelines are bound by the three fates. Two scissors placed loosely above both, threatening to close at any moment. And If one of us perishes the other will follow them into the mouth of hell together forever."

"Like I said Dramatic."

You're just jealous.

Pulling up to the house was hard. The road was burnt and broken so the car jerked everywhere it went. I would say that I had no idea why my arm was so bad but that would be a lie. I'm not fine. I'm fading. Litle by little my magic is disappearing and soon I'll be all used up. Its what happens, I guess. But I still got a bit longer to go. And then...

I'll go out with a bang.