Chapter 9

3rd person

••

Destin came darting down the beach in a sprint once she saw Jacob giving Bella CPR.

"What the hell happened?" Destin was about to panic but Jacob kept her calm.

"She jumped"
"Bell's breath!"
Destin checked for a pulse. She sighed in relief once she got it. Bella then chocked up water and sat up with the help with her two best friends. Destin was about to yell at her but stopped herself.

"Dest? Jake?" Bella asked looking at the two. It was a bit unclear.

"What where you doing you idiotic being!" Destin yelled but then flung herself down ontop of Bella pulling her in for a hug.

"She'll be alright" Sam called out to the three, "Get her home. I'm gonna head back yo the hospital" with that he jogged off toward the local forks hospital Carlisle use to work at.

"Hospital? Is someone hurt?" Bella asked sitting up straight and looked back at where Sam once was.

"Harry Clearwater had a serious heart attack" Destin informed her, she looked down. Destin was upset with Harry's passing. He treated her so well and never failed to make her smile or laugh. He was a angel in this horrible world. He didn't deserve to be taken so quickly.

"Is he okay?" Bella asked.

Jacob sighed, "He's dead Bella"

She was shocked. Harry was too good for this world but he didn't deserve to die like that.

"Come on. I'll get you some dry close and Jacob will take you home. I've got to go cheek on Paul and Em" Destin told her, holding out two hands for her to grab in order to get up. Bella nodded and reached for her hands.
••
On the ride home Bella was shivering in her seat

"One-hundred and eight degrees over here" he commented with a chuckle. Bella let out a low laugh before snuggling into him. This reminded her of how she saw Embry and Destin the day Paul and Jacob fought. Bella smiled at the memories of Jacob protecting her.

"Must be nice never getting cold" Bella laughed.

"It's a wolf thing"

"No it's a Jacob thing. You're just warm" Jake smiled at this. He knew Bella was starting to get feelings for him.

"Like he sun" he said in a low voice.

Bella nodded, "like the sun"

"Which always comes back." Bella nodded. It was a akward silence.

"So this wolf thing... isn't so bad" Bella commented to Jake.

"It just come too easy for me... more then the other guys" This was a sensitive subject for Jacob to discuss but he did with Bella and she should feel some kind of heart warming out of that. But like always ; she didn't.

"Well that's good right?" She asked him, brows frowned

"Maybe. Or maybe.. it makes me less human then the other." He stopped, like I said sensitive, "Sometimes I'm scared I might disappear you know?.. Who I really am"

Bella's face fell.

"I won't let that happen" She reassures him. There faces where close, to close. They could kiss the two where that close. But Bella saw something in the corner of her eye.

"That's Carlisle's car. There back" Bella jumped out the car. Jacob yelled for her, telling her it was all just a trap

"I can't protect you here anymore" Jacob warned her.