Before School Nerves

*Denis's P.O.V*

Once we watched The Mummy, we had to have showers an got to bed afterwards. Lina had a shower first and I had a shower after her. I got changed into my pjs and went into my room. I laid down on my bed after closing my bedroom door. I pulled the blanket over me until it was over my shoulder. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. I couldn't fall asleep at first, mainly because mum and dad were watching TV still in the lounge room. Once they went to bed, the whole apartment was completely silent. The only thing I could hear were the cars that were driving by. I started trying to fall asleep again since it was now silent beside the cars that were driving by. I twist and turned, but I couldn't fall sleep. Why can't I fall sleep? I moved to lay on my back and I stared at the darkness above me. My room is quite dark when the light is off. I started wondering why I couldn't fall asleep. I didn't feel tired, but I did feel nervous. I dialled it down to being nervous for the first day of school tomorrow. That is the only reason I can think of. Since I couldn't fall asleep, I got up from my bed, turned the light on and walked around the room. I I hope this tires me out eventually. I walked around my room for ten minutes straight but I didn't feel tired at all. I just want to sleep but can't because I don't feel tired. That's when I decided to sit on my bed after getting my MacBook and my headphones. I put my headphones on, went onto YouTube and clicked on the music video for Numb by Linking Park. I thought that music would take my mind off being nervous. I listened to that song and listened to many other other songs until I actually started feeling tired. I took my headphones off, put my MacBook on the floor, put my headphones on my desk, turned the light off and laid down on my bed once again. I pulled the blanket up to my shoulder and closed my eyes. I felt myself yawning. I managed to fall asleep after a few minutes. Finally, about time I fell asleep. I slept through the rest of the night. I woke up the next morning at 6:30. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up in my bed. A little bit of sunlight came into my room through the gaps in the blinds. I got up from my bed, slowly opened my door and saw that no one else was up yet. I might as well wait until everyone else was wake. I closed my door again and realised I hadn't turned the light on yet. I felt for the light switch and turned it on once I found it. I sat on my bed, crossed legged. Today is going to be nerve-wrecking.