Chapter 7: Alpha vs. Captino

The next day I took Octillery to the tide pool.

  "Goodbye Octillery." I said.

  "Octillery!" It touched my pokeball.

  "You wanna come?" I asked it.

  "Octillery!" it touched the ball and got sucked in. After three shakes it flashed.

  "Welcome to the family."

  "Now that you have two pokemon, battle. I'll use Weavile and Scizor." said Captino.

  "Dude imma win. Regardless if you are an Ace Trainer or not." I shot a glare that made him furious.

  "Go Weavile!" Weavile came out and sharpened its claws.

  "Alright Finn lets go!" Finn came out and roared.

  "A dragon type vs an ice type? Victory is mine." he said.

  "Thats what you think. Finn use brick break!" Finn leaped in the air and crashed its claw down.

  "Dodge it and use Ice Punch." Weavile was very nimble. It blurred behind Finn and delivered a stunning strike.

  "Finn you ok?" I asked. Finn looked Weavile with hate.

  "I will give it credit. Normally a dragon type would fall immediatly to Weavile." said Captino.

  "Me and Finn been through hell and back. We ain't falling for something so petty as an Ice Punch. Now use Dragon Claw!" Finn raced over and slashed Weavile.

  "Counter with Icy Wind!" Weavile ricoched off the ground and blew a freezing wind. Finn dodged and leaped in the air.

  "Dragon Rush!" Finn cloaked itself in its power and dived toward Weavile.

  "Ice Punch!" Weavile clashed with Finn. Weavile was knocked out and Finn roared at its defeat.

  "Nice. Very strong."

  "I told you. Finn and I don't lose easily."

  "Ok. Go Scizor!" Scizor snapped its pincers at Finn.

  "Use Earthquake!" Finn leaped in the air preparing the attack.

  "Bullet Punch!" Scizor leapt up and punched Finn in the gut. "Now Rock Smash!" Scizor brought down its pincers and sent Finn into the dirt below. Finn struggled to get up.

  "Its over. Scizor use X-scissor!" Scizor hit Finn and knocked it out.

  "Dammit."

"You were relying on Finn. Hopefully that Octillery is a show boat."

  "Go Octillery." Octillery sparkled out of its pokeball.

  "Its pretty."

  "Shut up. Octillery use Ice Beam!" Octillery shot out a beam that froze Scizor. Then Octillery did the weirdest thing. It stuck itself on Scizor's shoulder.

  "Whats going on here?" asked Captino. Octillery looked at me with a devious look in its eyes.

  "Oh I get it. Use Hyper Beam!" Octillery aimed its snout at Scizor's head and fired off. Scizor was knocked out.

  "I can't believe this."

  "Anyway I'll be off now. Octillery return." I headed off to Courmarine City.

  "I'm coming to. Just to make sure you get more pokemon to battle with." said Captino.

  "Your choice then."