Encounter 2

Lauren's POV

I lay awake in my bed. Thinking about tomorrow. Another year of being a robot. But, also my last year of being a prisoner. After my senior high I'll be free from Abuelo, cause next year I get to go to college and decide on what to do about my life. The course I'll choose or the path I'll be taking but, still end up inheriting the Acdemy and marry a guy I don't even want to waste my time of knowing.

"Hayssss" I looked at my bedside table and saw the tiny teddy bear that I can't go without with.

'If only you were here things would be easier for me' I thought to myself before wiping away a single tear that left my eye.

I sighed and decided to force my body to rest. I turned off my lampshade and proceeds to counting a sheep. A habit I still carried since I was young.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

A light creeps from my window curtain that makes me awake. I tried to squint my eyes from the brightness.

Today's the day. The day I'll be starting my last year of being a robot. The day I'll be able to meet my new mom. I wasn't excited of the thought thou but just went with it for the sake of seeing Sensei again.

I dragged myself out of my bed and went to open my window. A beautiful day awaits outside of this lonely mansion. A beautiful day to be appreciated and enjoy of having but, still an ordinary day to me.

I walked towards my balcony and opened my sliding door. It's still 5:00 in the morning and the sun's a little excited of shinning today, I guessed. I smiled of my thought about referring a sun as if it was a person.

I just sat at my chair in my balcony, with my arms hugging my knees at my chest and resting my chin over it. The forest below seems to be as peaceful as it is, with a relaxing shade of green everywhere beyond eyes could see. And a beautiful ocean mirroring my position. A relaxing sight to see, a calming sea breeze sending shivers all over my skin.

I just stared in awe at the beautiful sights infront of me. It was so perfect. 'Perfect' a word always described as me. People thought I was having a perfect life, with everything that I have and with everything that I am. But, they don't see the real story behind all the postures I need to maintain infront of them. The untold story behind my life and my personality.

People greets me as I walked by, waving at me, saying hello and asking about my day but, there's no emotions behind. All a show off and a technique to gain popularity as they bragged my name around. I'm kind of tired of all these shits but still remained the person that people thought me of who I am.

🎶🎵🎼 LIKE AN AMERICAN 🎼🎵🎶

I was lost in my thoughts when I heard my phone vibrates with Lana Del Rey 'like an American' keeps sounding on. I tried to stretched my muscles, and went inside. I looked at my phone and time reads 7:00 am. I must have lost in my own world again that I lost the track of time.

I went to my shower room and strips my underwear and my loose shirt off me, cause I only wear underwear and a loose shirt when I went to bed. It just gives me comfort and it really helps me move freely for any sleeping positions. Anyway, I took a shower and went to dress with my uniform and went downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Sit down Lauren, and have some breakfast" my Abuelo told me acknowledging my presence but not looking up from the newspaper in his hands.

"Thanks Abuelo" I called him Abuelo cause literally he was a half Cuban.

We ate in silence as usual. This is just us, not because I wasn't close to him but I grew up with an attitude of only talking when being asked.

"So, you're moving out today?" He asked looking at me for a brief seconds.