Silent Screams

"I'm so scared to get close to anyone again because, everyone that told me they'll always be there for me, left me behind. "

Lauren's POV

After we took our break, Normani, Ally and I went back at the SSC office because minutes from now I'll be having a meeting with the other officers.

Normani opened the door for me and when I stepped inside everybody in the room stood up to greet me. I took a seat at my place while Ally passed the paper that holds the Agenda. Normani went to prepare the computer and presented the powerpoint.

I stood up and went to tackle the flow of the new semester and the activities that needed to be done for the whole year.

After my part I went to sit down and Normani stood up to discuss more of the agendas. I looked at the phone in my pocket and the screen lit up.

'Oh my fucking ghad!! She's sooooo hot!! Is she a person?' I gulped as I looked at her phone

'Oh my fucking ghad!! She's sooooo hot!! Is she a person?' I gulped as I looked at her phone. She must be a model back at California. I really needed to asked Mama when I went home tonight. I can't stop staring at her on the wallpaper when Normani coughs. I looked up and saw her looking intently at me.

I gulped for the last time before I kept the phone inside my pocket again. "Go on Ms. Kordei." I told Normani and the meeting went to continue.

After the meeting, we went on our separate ways. Since, only 3 classes were there for the afternoon and classes are done already so I decided to stay at the SSC office.

"You'll stay?" Normani asked.

"Yeah, I will. Besides, I don't have anything to do so, I'll just stay and finish signing these papers here." I went to show Normani the stock of Papers I have in my desk.

"Ok. So, I'll go ahead. Take care, Laur. See you tomorrow?" Normani asked while she was holding the knob.

"Yeah. Bye Mani. Take good care too." I replied as I flashed her a smile.

Normani just nodded and smiled back at me before she exited the room.

I sighed as I started reviewing the papers and signed some of them.

Minutes had passed and I felt numb, that's why I decided to call it a day too. I packed my things and went home. This time I won't head towards the mansion I lived all throughout my life but, towards the apartment, I will now consider my own too.

Flashback

"Sensei, will mommy be here soon?" I asked my father.

"I don't know sweetheart but, would you like to see her?" My father asked as she crouched down to be level to me.

"Can I?" I asked him again.

"Yes sweetheart. So, you should go to bed now and prepare for tomorrow, yeah?" Sensei said as he kissed my forehead. I looked at him and kissed his cheeks.