~Chapter 16~

I sat at the dinner table with my family members in complete silence. No one said a word and I was secretly grateful.

I was the first to finish, so I left the table after planting a kiss on my mama’s cheek. She waves me off with a simile. I know she knows something is wrong, but she was very tolerant with my brother's and I. Her and papa believes we should be responsible for settling our despites. Another thing I was grateful for. I couldn't imagine my mama having to stress about our problems.

I slowly climb the stairs, a mysterious smile crawling onto my lips, I was excited to be going to my first party. With my friend, Alex, who I knew was also excited to be taking me.

I open the door to my room and walk straight over to my closet to start the search.

I frown as I realized that I had no ‘Party- Like’ clothing. Can you blame me? I never had the reason to buy any, until now and it was too late.

It was already six and I-

I jump suddenly as I hear something hit my window.

A bird?!

I cautiously walk over and open my curtains, to my surprise, it wasn’t a little birdy, but instead a rock?

I tilt my head, wondering who threw it. It couldn't have been our neighbors, we lacked those. So who?

I shook my head, closing back my curtains and walking back to my closet.

I take a hanger off it's hook, but stop suddenly as another rock is thrown at my window.

I stumble over to my window hoping to catch the culprit. And I do.

Alex.

It was him all along.

He stands by the door of his car and I wonder how I didn’t see him at the beginning.

Alex grins ear to ear and motions for me to come outside.

I tap my wrist, trying to say it was only six o’clock. But he shakes his head, earning a groan from me.

Picking up my feet, I quietly make my way down stairs and out our back door.

Alex stands before the door ready to engulf me in a bone crushing hug, as if he hadn’t seen me in forever.

“You are too early, I thought you were coming a seven.” I say once I am able to pull away.

“I figured we’d do a little shopping first, what you say?”

I only smile, thankful that he thought that.

“C’mon let's go-”

He starts to pull me to his car, “Alex, I need to get dress first.”

He gives me a once over, “no, you look perfect.”

I blush at the comment. But my booty shorts and spaghetti strap tea- shirt was inappropriate for going out. I knew that.

I tell Alex and he nods, “fine but hurry. Party’s at seven remember?”

I shake my head and enter my house, turning to head up the stairs.

The sound of my name makes me halt, halfway up the staircase. Slowly turning on my heels, I freeze as I see Antony standing before me.

“Do you have any homework?” He simply asks, to which I nod to.

“Okay.”

I turn to continue walking up the stairs, but stop again as he begins to speak once more.