~Chapter 17~

I look over at Alex as he parks the car. “Alex, I’m scared!” I whisper taking a deep breath. He grasps my hand in his, turning in his seat.

“I’m going to be right there with you babe, don’t worry, no one will even think about messing with you!” He tries to comfort me, but I roll my eyes.

“I feel better, I forgot no one is tough enough to even look your way.”

He pinches my right cheek, “correct babe, now let's go!”

I switch my attention to the large house that we parked in front of and gulp.

I’m not scared.

I’m not scared.

I’m not scared.

Alex is here, I’m not scared.

“Ginger, babe, c’mon.”

I jump at the sound of my name and turn to see Alex standing by my open door. I look up worriedly at him, “sorry-”

“I told you it's going to be A- okay!”

I step out of the car and entwin my fingers in Alex’s. Together we walk to the front door of the party house, I, still unsure about attending.

I wasn’t worried that I wouldn’t fit in, I was told numerous times by Alex how ravishing I looked. But I was scared of how everyone would now view me.

I was once just a loner with overprotective brothers, now I hung-

“Ahgh!”

I gagged at the smell that hit me as  I entered the home. It immediately brought me out of my thoughts and almost smelt like Antony’s breath when he’d stay out late.

Yuck!

Alex pulls me through the crowd of strangers, sweat, liquid and other things I couldn't name were mushed onto my skin.

How teenagers found these parties fun, I had no idea. This small experience was one I hope never to experience again.

I shake my head at the thought, maybe things will be better later.

I mean, this couldn’t be all, right? Standing around, talking and sipping some form of liquid in a plastic cup was no fun, there had to be more for students at my school to rave about them at school the next day.

Alex and I appear in what looked to be a kitchen. He grabs a plastic cup off the island and sets it under a large jug, in the process letting go of my hand.

I hug my shoulders while watching the cup fill to it's rim. Alex grabs another cup and fills it up halfway.

He takes a sip from both cups, “hmm.”

I smile at him, “what is that?” I ask as he tries to hand me one.

“The good stuff!” I take it from his hand, bringing the cup to my quivering lips.

Alex takes another sip, “c’mon babe, drink.”

I shake my head, “I can’t-”

Alex grabs my hand, “Ginger, taking a sip isn’t gonna hurt you, now drink up!”

I nod my head, “fine.” I take a few sips and groan as the liquid burns my throat as I swallow.

“It hurts.” I hoarsely whispers. “Really bad!”

“Finish that cup and have one more. Okay?”

I shake my head furiously, “no, I don’t like it.”

I slam the cup on the island.

“Do you want to have fun?” Alex asks planting kisses all over my face and playing with my hair.

“Yes.” I said barely above a whisper.

“Then drink up.” He whispers back.

I nod and picks up the cup. I part my lips to drink, but stop as my name is yelled out from the crowd.

I drop the drink recognizing the voice.

Antony!

Oh my gosh!

No!

Alex sees the panic in my eyes, “it's my brother, he’s here!”

Alex mumbles something and grabs my hand. “Of course he is!”

We turn to leave the kitchen area but bump right into Antony and Grey.

Fear crosses my face at the look on their face.

They were so disappointed in me. I was too.

Grey grabs my hand, forcing me to let go of Alex’s.

I look up, but wasn’t able to see anything as everything seem to be falling apart.

I heard screams and things breaking, but couldn’t find where they were coming from.

“Let's get you home.”

Those were the last words I heard before feeling my eyes droop close.

Darkness took over and I wasn’t with Alex anymore, I wasn't with anyone anymore.