~Chapter 22~

RE-CAP

Alex parks the car in a McDonald's drive way.

"I have history." Was all he said before leaving me alone in the car.

I sit alone, waiting.

2 minutes

6 minutes

10 minutes.

"Ginger!"

PRESENT 

I blink several times, feeling my body lift itself off something comfy. A yawn leaves my mouth as the realization that I had fallen asleep suddenly dawns on me.

I also realize in that moment, that Alex was scrunched low, knocking on the window with our food from McDonalds in his hands.

Oh, crap!

"Open the door!" He yells through the closed window, "I'm locked out, babe!"

I nod in understatement and stretch across the dashboard to unlock his car door.

As he slides in the seat next to mine, I take the bag of food from his hands, and place the drinks and McFlurries in the cup holder.

"Thanks. Did you really fall asleep?" He chuckles to himself, buckling his seatbelt.

I nod, yawning again, "I guess I was tired." I turn to him as he starts the car.

Alex hums lowly, shortly driving off after.

Minutes pass before the car stops in front of black gates. Gates that belong to his house. Or should I say; mansion?

The guards signal for him to proceed through the now opened gates, and Alex does.

After parking the car, Alex says; "c'mon, let's go," and we start to exit the car, leaving the remaining of our McFlurries inside.

"What are we doing here?" I question as he opens the door to his home.

"I just want to show you something." He response while entering, with me on his heel.

I expected to head up the stairs to his room, but Alex continues to walk; pass the stairs and the kitchen. It confuses me a little, and so I began to ask what was happening.

My sentence is cut short as we are suddenly outside again. This time, in his backyard.

"This way." He grabs my hand, pulling me to his side.

I smile silently, feeling my heart rate increase at the contact of our skin. I couldn't understand my reaction, but something deep down told me this wasn't a normal reaction when a friend touches you.

"Here." Alex lets go of my hand and wraps it around my shoulders. "Isn't it beautiful?"

I turn my head- interrupting my fixated gaze on his face- only to gasp in awe at the sight in front of me.

"This mansion means nothing without my garden." He says pulling me inside the golden gates.

He was right, it was a garden and it was amazing, I never even knew this many flowers existed. I follow Alex on a golden path, flowers of all kind growing on the sides.

Soon, we came to an arch, one made of vines and flowers. Alex pulles me inside, allowing me to see what was on the other side-

"Oh my gosh, is that-" I begin to say.

"A date? Yes." Alex finishes, causing me to smile cheek to cheek. He drags me over to the blanket and bouquet of flowers.

"It's so nice Alex, I-I didn't kn-know you-"

"You are very pretty- no, beautiful. Have a seat." I blush, taking a seat on the red blanket.

The green grass made a perfect cushion underneath the spread and it even tickled my bum a little.

Alex picks a flower from a nearby bush and hands it to me. I take it and we both blush, "I like flowers, you always remind me of one."

I hum in response, "how?"

He shrugs, "everything about you, you're so kind and-" Alex sighs, "everything I'm not, and somehow, I love that."

"Really?"

"Yes." He starts to play with my hair, and I involuntarily lean into his touch, sighing.

Alex slowly leans in and every sense in my body begins activation. My palms became sweaty and my heartbeat was abnormal; rather fast.

This was it, I thought, feeling a trance take over my mind, this was it!

I begin to lean in as well, and then it happened.

My lips on his, and his on mine, everything was frozen and there we were, in his garden, surely falling in love.

I pull away, not letting my eyes leave his, "I really like you Alex."

"Ginger, would it surprise you if I said; same."

I smile, and he does too. "Now, tell me all about you!" He whispers, his breath fanning my lips.

I laugh, attaching my lips to his again.

Sure.

_________

What are your thoughts on this chapter??