Not the man I used to be

I barely slept last night and I was awaken by the sound of my alarm beeping. Most of the times, I would be cranky for not getting enough sleep, but that day was different - I was nervous. Nervous had never been a part of my dictionary - even when I was on the edge of bankruptcy a few years ago. The financial business was going down the drain a couple of years back. I was stressed-out, of course I would... I almost lost everything, but I was determined that I would save my ass from bankruptcy and somehow... I did.

I managed to convince some of my mates to invested in my company and within a year, I managed to pay them off, along with the profits that I have promised them before. I changed my business from the financial business into the comodities business - that was how Hammond Enterprise was built.

After taking a quick shower, I headed to my dressing room. I pulled out a white crisp shirt and put on my black trousers. I put on a navy blue suit from Richard James and a silver tie from Balenciaga. I opened up my watch rack and put on my skeleton Vacheron Constantin, along with a black pair of shoes from Christian Louboutin. I dressed way too nicely for an ordinary day - even for Alexander Hammond himself. I was trying to impressed Rowena and I had no idea why. Putting on the glasses from Cartier, I snatched my phone from the nightands and stored it in my suit pocket.

I walked towards the elevator right away and completely ignored the delicious looking breakfast on the dining table. I bumped into Bryan as I was about to stepped into the elevator. He was just stepping out.

"My apologies, Mr. Hammond. I thought you were still having breakfast. I'm not late, aren't I?" He asked with a horrified look on his face. Each one of my employees knew how punctual I was and how I would make a fuss when someone is late.

"No, no, no Bryan. I'm sorry. No, you're not late. I decided to be early this morning. I have an intern starting today. I'm taking my white Maserati today and you can follow me with the usual car," I said in a hurry.

"Very well, Mr. Hammond. I'll be on standby," Bryan said with a smile.

I entered the elevator and pressed the basement button. I basically had one basement to myself, because I owned the penthouse. A line of cars were parked there and they were all mine. Since I was young, I had taken a particular interest in cars and watches, those interests were probably inherited from my father. My father was always fussy about his cars and watches, and I grew up in that condition - which I think might have affected my obsession with cars and watches.

I opened up my white Maserati's door and slid into the driver's seat. As I put the key in the ignition, the machine started to roar to life. I stepped on the gas and soon my car made its way out from the basement and into the street. I could see people on the street were watching my car with an impressed look. I ignored the eyes that followed my car and headed down to my second home - my office, the Hammond Enterprise building.

I parked my car in the lobby and soon, a man in a black suit came to open my door and greeted me. I couldn't remember his name, and to be honest, I couldn't care less. I gave him a quick nod and a polite smile as I threw the key to my car to him. I walked into the building and headed straight to the elevator. I could see the receptionists were on their feet when they saw me walking into the building and I heard some mumbles like: "Good morning, Mr. Hammond." 

Once I reached the top floor, which where my office and the conference room were located. My brown eyes lit up when I saw a familiar figure was sitting on a brand new desk that was overviewing the skyline of London. Her desk was made of marble and it was white and her Imac was gray, just like mine. She didn't even notice when I stepped out of the elevator, it seemed like she was lost in the screen of the computer in front of her. Christie; however, looked at me and noticed me right away. She stood up from her desk and greeted me cheerfully,