Hammond's Crest

I didn't sleep well at all last night and I was already awake even before the sun came up. I looked to my side and adjusted my eyes in the dark. There she was... Rowena was sleeping so soundly that it was making me nervous to move.

I slid down my bed quietly before going down to the kitchen. I brewed some hot water and made myself a strong black coffee. With the mug in my hand, I went to the sofa and sat there; just simply enjoying the view of London. The city lights were dim and my eyes were locked on them for so long. Once in a while, I would take a sip from the hot mug. I was startled when someone stood behind me.

"Can't sleep, sir?"
I turned my head to the side and tilted it before giving the man a tired smile. It was Bryan.
"Yes," I said with a heavy sigh before continuing, "Would you like to join me? I think there's still some hot water left in the pot. Why don't you make yourself a cup of coffee and join me?"
Bryan smiled and nodded. He went to the kitchen to grab a mug for himself and made himself some coffee. Within minutes, Bryan had sat next to me on the sofa. Something about his gesture made me think that he was not accustomed of being so close to me. Even though Bryan and I were closed, he always maintained a professional manner whenever he's around me.

"Relax Bryan..." I said with a playful tone. My eyes were still locked on the mesmerizing view in front of me.
"I... I'm sorry sir. I just don't feel professional being this close to the boss; hence, sitting right next to him," he said with a grimace.
I turned my head to face Bryan and I shook my head in disapproval.
"Bryan, you've been with me for so long. I don't only consider you as an employee. I consider you as a friend. You've always been loyal to me and it's rare to find loyalty these days."
He seemed to relax a bit, I could see his posture slightly relaxed as he smiled.
"Thank you, mr. Hammond," he said before continuing, "I'm really grateful that you have put your trust in me. It means the world."

We both entered the silent stage once again. Both of our eyes locked on the view. A flood of memory of what had happened yesterday came back. Everything that happened with Rowena was always a surprise to me, especially when she agreed to stay with me.

"Shit!" I thought to myself. I remembered that Rowena had packed nothing and the charity event was supposed to be later this afternoon.
I cleared my throat before sighing and said to Bryan,

"Bryan, if it's not too much of a hassle for you. Can you please buy a dress, shoes, bags, jeweleries and make up for Rowena? She's staying over and didn't pack anything. She's supposed to go to the event with me this afternoon. Do you... umm need her size or something?" I asked with a frustrated sigh.
Bryan simply smiled and shook his head,
"Don't worry, Mr. Hammond. I will find the perfect size, I've got friends at the department store, if I described her well enough, they will choose the right size for her. Do you have any colour preference or?" He asked with an arched eyebrow.
"I'm wearing grey, so probably find her something with pastel colour as well? I don't know," I sighed with an embarassment shown on my face.
Bryan just nodded and smiled in return.

————————————————————————

I spent a couple of hours just exchanging banters with Bryan. Little did I know that he was actually a funny chap. He was always seemed so serious while doing his job, but I've gotten the chance to get to know the other side of Bryan. He was apparently very much into sports and social things.

The morning sun had finally came up and its warmth penetrated the penthouse. Esmeralda, my head chef had prepared some breakfast for Rowena and me. Bryan on the other hand, had left to buy all the things I had asked him for. I haven't gone back to my room yet, afraid that I would wake Rowena up from her deep slumber, so I've been staying and lingering downstairs for a while. I watched some news and a little bit of soccer match, before eventually getting bored.