Midnight/Lucas Zumann

You and Lucas have been friends since high school.
He has actually confessed he likes you before, but you wanted to stay friends because you were scared of a serious relationship,and your mom has been with a lot guys around you, that made you look at relationships differently .But that was 3 years ago, now your a 21 year old who hasn't had their first kiss or loved one while Lucas has had a couple of girlfriends and has kissed who knows how many times. You actually haven't seen him since that day he confessed to you.
It's New Years Eve and a friend invited you over to the party they were having, but one thing they didn't tell you was that Lucas was going to be there.
When you arrived, you saw everyone bundled up in a crowd in the middle of the living room, surrounding a guy that had his back to you so you couldn't see who it was.
You went over into the kitchen and grabbed a drink and headed into the balcony, wondering what it would be like to have someone to kiss you on New Years. Of course you felt lonely but sometimes you thought it was better that way. You hear someone clear there throat behind you , "(y/n)?" the person said, a voice you thought you would never hear again. You turn around slowly to see the handsome boy right their in front of your face, "Lucas!" You shout, pulling him into a big hug. He hesitates at first but then hugs back just as tight. "I've missed you." You whisper in his ear, still hugging him. "Me too."he whispers back. You step back, taking your arms from around him and give him a warm smile, he returns the smile and walks towards the ledge of the balcony, looking out at the bright lights of Chicago.
You join him, "it been awhile."You say sadly, remembering the last time you saw him which made you a little nervous. "Yeah, too long." He says with a sigh.
"What happened between us?" You ask looking at the side of his face, him still looking over the balcony. "I think you know." He says, a little irritated as he also remembers the last time you saw each other. "Yeah, but why did we stop talking after that?" You ask, placing a hand on his shoulder. You felt him tense a little before he relaxed under your touch, "because I was hurt, (y/n). The only person I ever truly loved didn't love me back." He says, getting more irritated. You look away from him and remove your hand from his shoulder, looking over the balcony again. "I loved you..." You say, tears forming in your eyes. He looks at you in surprise, and looking at you to keep going. "I just didn't know how to tell you, I was scared of a serious relationship, especially all the men my moms been through, it made me look at it differently." You say biting your lower lip. He felt bad at how he didn't even think of why she turned him down, "I'm sorry, I didn't think of that." He says, looking at you in the eyes now. "So do you have someone to love now?" He asks, worried that you've been alone all these years. You shake your head, "no, it's a bit lonely but a have dog at home who makes me happy." You say, letting out a stiff laugh, trying to lighten the mood. "What about you?" You ask, giving him another warm smile. "Nah, I cant really look for a relationship right now." He says a little sad. "Why?" You ask concerned.
"Well, I'm kinda famous now!" He said softly but cockily. There's the Lucas you know, "what?!" You ask shocked, that's when it hits you. When you walked into the party earlier their was a huge crowd in the living room. You thought it was someone beer chugging but it was fans drooling all over your best friend Lucas. "Yeah, I'm a big deal now." He says wiggling his eyebrows. "Stop!" You say, slapping him on the arm. "I'm happy for you though." You say sincerely. He looks at you and couldn't help but notice how grown in the last 3 years, "thank you." He says simply.
You start to hear people count down, "10, 9, 8...!" You heat them shout. You look at Lucas who was already staring at you, you bit your lower lip and step closer to him, "I've really missed you!" You say. "Oh really?" Lucas asks sarcastically, stepping closer as well. "3, 2, 1!" You lean in and kiss the boy, Lucas wraps an arm around your waist and places the other around your neck, pulling you deeper into the kiss. "Happy New Years!" Everyone shouts.
You look at Lucas after pulling away, "happy NEW year." You say, looking deep into his hazel eyes. "happy NEW year." He repeats, kissing you again.

I know it's far from New Years but I just had to!