Chapter 9

"Am hungry!" McKenna complained after their first lecture. "We can walk to a kiosk!" Efe suggested. "Yeah, that will be nice!" McKenna said. They both strolled to the kiosk to get what to eat. 

 They finished eating Hamburger and a coca cola drink. "Efe, I...I..can't find my purse" McKenna said stammering. "Don't worry, I'll pay!" Efe said. "Um...My..My purse! I left it in the hostel!" Efe said. "There are no camera men here or any director... so am wondering why you ladies are acting drama here!" The owner of the kiosk said. "Can I just go back to campus and bring the money?" Efe asked politely. "No! I don't trust you both.. after all what are you? just a student. If you were working, I won't give it a second thought. This is not the first time this is happening, it happens every day .I've seen a lot when student say they forgot their purse or wallet, they claim to go get it. But...they never return!. So will your story be any different? No!" The owner said.

 "Ma, you don't know me again? I and my brother came once and we paid" McKenna said trying to act realistic. "Lady, I've seen  a lot of brother and sister walk in here. so your case can't be any different" the owner said. "And mind you, you are not leaving without paying!" The owner added. "It's almost time for our second lecture, what are we gonna do now??" Efe asked.

                                                      ********************

"How much is it?" Someone asked as Efe and McKenna turned back. Efe could see a tall, light skinned guy looking very handsome but McKenna saw more than that. He's face was familiar. "our hero" Efe whispered into McKenna's ears. The guy paid for them. They thanked him and just when he was about to leave Efe stopped him. "Excuse me!" She said. "Am Efe Cokers and that's my friend Mckenna Mac-Clinton! thanks a lot for saving us from this embarrassment" "My pleasure, it isn't a big deal. we all study in Prof Jones lecture room. So it will be bad if I see you in trouble and I don't help. And am Alex Adams." Alex wanted to hear McKenna speak for once but she didn't speak. He only heard her say "Thank you!". "Don't stalk her too much!" He remembered his best friend's advice and he walked away. "McKenna, his our Hero." Efe said. "It's not a big deal, you even heard him say that!" Mckenna said as they walked away from the kiosk.

Dear readers, just remember that you can be a Hero. And as you remember that, don't forget to vote and comment. If possible, add to your library. 

Thank you!

            Will McKenna remember Alex from High school days and how he shattered her dreams without even knowing her?

                         Just follow up!